Staying (21)

The doctors still don't know what happened, and my brother is still asleep. Life is hell. They said he's living, but that they have to run tests, because something might be severely wrong. "You guys should probably get home and get rest.. we want to keep him here overnight.." The doctor came out and said. "No, I'm not leaving I'll just stay." I said. "Come on sweetie.. it's late, let's go home for tonight.." my mom said to me. "No mom, you can but I'm not leaving." I said to her. "Whatever you say Y/N.. Shawn, do you want me to drive you home?" She turned to Shawn and asked. "No, it's alright.. I'll stay here with her." Shawn said and placed his hand on my back. "Shawn.. you don't have to stay.." I said to him as my mom started walking away. "I know I don't have to, but I want to." Shawn said to me, and gave me a comforting smile. It was that type of smile that someone gives you when they really feel bad.. you know, that "I'm sorry about this.. but I hope this smile makes you feel better" type of smile. "I'm sure he will be fine Y/N." Shawn whispered to me, but he wasn't looking at me, he was looking down at his feet. I could tell that Shawn was worried too. "I think he will." I said to him. "He will be. I know it." Shawn said to me, then stood up and started pacing back and forth. "Shawn, babe, just relax.." I said to him. "I can't relax, I mean you aren't happy right now, and it's freaking me out for some reason, I'm already sad enough, and everyone else is sad, and for hell's sake, your brother almost died! I can't handle all of this is stressing me out. But I'm staying for you, because that's all I ever do, and that's all I ever will do, because I live for that shit, and I want everything to be okay.. so I keep saying it will be, and-" I cut Shawn off. He expressed everything that I was feeling. I had seen his emotions before, but this was a whole different type.. he was really feeling this. He was willing to open up, and I was proud of him. The pain in his voice was breaking my heart. "Shawn, if it's stressing you out.. please don't put yourself through it.. go home, get some sleep." I said and hugged him. "No I won't do that.. you need me right now, and don't even say you'll be okay, and that you don't need me to stay, because I know you do." Shawn said to me and hugged me back. "Shawn I'm serious.. please just go home and relax." I said to him. He needed to try and calm himself down.. and staying at the hospital, wouldn't help. "I'm serious too. My priority is to make sure that you are okay, that you are safe, that you are happy, and that you never, ever! Have to go through anything alone. I won't make you go through this alone. I'm not leaving." He said to me, and looked me dead in the eyes. I could tell that he meant what he was saying. "Ok fine Shawn.. just try and relax okay? I'm worried about you." I said to him, and placed my hands on the side of his face. "Don't worry about me, I'll be okay. I always am. I'm Shawn Hunter, I get through it no matter what." He said and gave me a reassuring smile. "I believe you Shawn, but please, if you ever need someone.. I mean for anything, even if you just feel to cry.. I'm right here. I will always. Be right here." I said and hugged him again.

(I'm sorry that I took FOREVER to update this.. I suck at updating these)