New life (14)

Y/N'S POV:
Shawn was crying, I could tell he was worked up. I felt horrible, it's not that I wanted to leave, it's that my dad wasn't giving me a choice. "Shawn sweetheart, I'm sorry." I said and hugged him once again, "I'm really going to miss you.." He said and hugged me back. "I know, and I'll miss you more." I said and kissed his forehead. "Shawn I better get back.. my mom is probably worried. "Alright.. I'll walk you home, I gotta say bye to Jack anyway." Shawn said to me. When I walked through the door my mom was standing there. "Oh Y/N I was worried sick. Please don't run out like that again." She said and hugged me. "Ok mom.." I said back. "Oh hi Shawn, I'm sorry that we are leaving.. I know Y/N is really going to miss you." She said to Shawn and hugged him. "Yeah, I'll miss her too.." he said, "Is Jack upstairs?" He then added. "Oh yes he is, first room to the left." She said to Shawn. "Alright, thanks." He said and walked upstairs. "Mom." I said to her. "I know." She said back. "Mom really, I don't want to leave." I said to her. "I know you don't, but it's for the best okay?" She said and rubbed my back. "It's for the best for dad, not for me and my siblings, it's not even the best thing for you, and you know that." I said to her. "You're right, but until you are all 18, it has to be your problem too, and don't bring me into this. " Her saying that made me so mad, until we are 18 it's out problem too?! It was never our problem to start with. Kids shouldn't have to deal with this, it's not fair. "Mom no." I said to her, and raised my voice. "I turn 17 in 2 days mom! 2 days! Did you even think about that?!" I said to her. I really do turn 17 in 2 days, my birthday was never important, and for once I thought maybe it would be. "Oh that's right.. you do.." my mom said and looked at me. "So you forgot..?" I said, I could feel my heart breaking, my own mother forgot my birthday. "I guess I did.. I'm sorry honey, it's horrible.. I should've remembered." She said and looked at me. "Yeah you should've, I'm your kid mom. You're daughter." I said to her, I felt tears falling down my face, my own mom, forgot her own child's birthday. "Oh look who's back." My dad said and walked in. "Now that you've cooled off, are you excited for our next adventure?" My dad said. "No I'm not, but I was excited for my birthday." I said to him. "Oh, that's right, it's in 2 days, well I'm sure we will be settled in somewhere by then." He said and nudged me. "I don't want to leave, you know the thing I want for my birthday is to stay here, with my friends, and my boyfriend, and my new school. I like it here." I said to him. "Well you are a kid, you don't get to choose." He said to me. "Honey, I think she's right." My mom turned and said to him. "What do you mean?" He said. "I'm tired of this, I mean you made a stupid mistake, and because I have been clueless, and I've been dating you, I've been running, and I'm tired of it. Our kids don't need to be running all the time." My mom said to him. I never thought I'd here her say that. But I think my mom was finally going to leave my dad. "But we were supposed to get married soon, I mean we never got the chance to-." My mom cut him off, "Well I don't want to." She said. "Leave." She then added. "Ok, I will." Then before I knew it my dad left. "Woah!! Go Y/N's mom!!" Shawn said and came down the stairs, then gave my mom a high-five. "Thank you Shawn." She said and laughed. "You are one brave chick! Y/N you have an amazing mom." He said and nudged me. "Alright Shawn, don't be falling in love with my mom instead of me." I said and laughed. I'm proud of my mom, Shawn was right, she is brave, and I can't wait to start our new life.

(Alright, I kinda hate this chapter, but I tried, Ik it's not that good. But I'll upload a better chapter soon <3!)