When somebody loved me (9)

The next few weeks went by fast, I would see Shawn almost daily, one because of school, and two because we were together often. It was finally Christmas Day, and I woke up early to make breakfast. "Oh mom, you're awake?" I said whenever I walked out to the kitchen. "Yeah, your dad left, I figured I'd get up and do stuff for Christmas." She said and gave me a hug. "Oh, well thank you." I said and hugged her back. "You're welcome, all your presents are there, I know it's not much, but I went shopping this morning, can you get your siblings up?" She asked me. "Yeah of course." I said. I got my siblings up, and than heard my mom call my name. "Y/N!!" She said from the kitchen. "Coming mom!" I said and walked downstairs. "Someones at the door for you." She said and winked. "He's really cute, and nice too." She said and ruffled my hair. "Ok ok mom." I said and laughed, then walked over to get the door. "Merry Christmas!" Shawn said and handed me a small box. "Thank you Mr. Hunter." I said and stepped outside. "You made a great impression on my mom." I said and laughed. "I hope, she's really nice." He said to me. "Yeah she is, you're lucky you didn't catch my dad." I said and laughed. "Maybe." He said to me. "Look at all the snow." I said to him, it was snowing more than usual today. "Yeah I know, isn't it great." He said and smiled. "It is." I said and wrapped my arms around his waist. "I have something for you, it's inside, let me go grab it." I said to him, than went inside to grab the gift I had bought for Shawn. I got him rings, they were silver thick rings, they were really nice. I also wrote him a letter, it wasn't much, but it's the most I could do. The letter said:
Hey Shawn, I know this isn't much, but I wanted to get you something. I want you to know that you've made my life a little less dreadful. I know that might not make sense right now, but I'm hoping I can tell you in the future. I didn't want to meet anyone whenever I moved to Philadelphia, I didn't care to have friends, but I'm glad I decided to, and I'm glad you happened to be one of the people I met. Of course, I would consider you to be a little more than my friend, and I'm hoping that maybe someday, we can be a lot more than friends. Shawn I really love you, and thank you for being there. You are the only one that has ever cared about me, and I'm hoping I can do that same thing for you, even though it's kinda hard for me to show love.. I hope you know that I love you, I love you a lot Shawn..
Merry Christmas.
~ Y/N

I handed Shawn the box with the rings and the note, "here, it's not much, but I just wanted to get you something." I said. "Thank you Y/N." Shawn said and opened the note. I watched his eyes read the note, "Y/N.." Shawn looked at me and said. "Yes?" I said. "I love you." Shawn said and then kissed me. "SEE I KNEW YOU WEREN'T JUST HIS FRIEND!" Marcia said and ran outside. "Did you watch everything?" Shawn said to her. "Mom said to tell me to ask if Shawn wanted to stay for breakfast." Marcia said and looked at me. "I'll stay." Shawn said and grabbed my hand. "Ok, let's get inside, it's cold." I said. "Hello, Shawn, right?" My mom said. "Yes, nice to meet you, you have a beautiful home." Shawn said. "Thank you sweetheart." My mom said to Shawn. "Y/N!!" Jackson said and ran to give me a hug. "Hey Jack! What did Santa get you?" I said to him. "Come see!!" He said and jumped up and down. "Ok, can Shawn come too?" I said to Jackson. "Yep!" He said and grabbed my hand, than grabbed Shawns and ran over to the Christmas tree. "Slow down little guy, I don't run that fast." Shawn said and laughed. "Look!!" Jackson said and pointed to all his presents. "Oh wow! Look at that, is that Spider-Man?" Shawn said and sat down, than picked up a Spider-Man action figure and looked at it. "Yeah yeah it is!!" Jackson said and sat with Shawn. "Wanna play!! I have other superhero's too see! You can be Spider-Man, and I'll be there Batman!!" He said. "Yeah!" Shawn said. They played with action figures for a while, it's like Shawn was a little kid again. "Alright breakfast is ready!" My mom called from the kitchen. We all sat down and ate, my dad didn't come home at all, which doesn't surprise me, he disappears all the time. Shawn called his dad and asked if he could spend Christmas at our house, his dad said yes, so Shawn stayed the whole day. "Y/N, can I stay the night?" Shawn asked me. "Yeah sure, I'm sure my mom won't mind." I said to him and looked at my mom. "Oh, sure, it's getting late, I'm probably gonna head to bed, your dad won't be home for a while." She said and hugged me, then headed up to bed. "Wanna watch Christmas movies?" I said to Shawn. "You read my mind." He said and sat down on the couch, than opened his arms, signaling that I come lay on the couch with him. "Ok ok I'm coming." Next thing I knew we were both asleep, I was asleep in his arms, and it felt like suddenly, all my problems were gone. I felt happy, I felt loved. It feels great having somebody love me.