31

March 25
August,

They have some evidence against Lonte and I. I wonder how they have any evidence. We did not dispose the body and I know our fingerprints aren't on it. They told me they weren't available to figure out which one of us shot him which made them threaten me to disclose that information.

All I know is that Lonte and I are arrested for murder charges and trading and selling of illegal drugs. That was self defense. Kyron is looking for a lawyer for me. Even with a good lawyer I'll still go to jail for the other charge.

I heard that Kaylee had a boy. Now she's going to be like a single mother which I know she can't handle. I just need to know what evidence they have and how they got it.

One of the police officers unlocked my cell. "Someone's here to see you. Follow me." He said. I got out of the cell and we went to the questioning room. The police officer closed the door after leaving me in there. There was a lady sitting down. "Who are you?" I asked. She stood up.

"You murdered my brother and you think you would go scot free." She looked deeply at me. Kingpin's sister. She must be his older sister because she looked older than him. "So, you're the one who got me here." I noticed. "You expected none of his family to come after y'all asses. Well, you thought wrong." She scoffed.

I sat down on the opposite side of the desk. "What do you want?" I asked. She sat down. "I need to know who shot my brother." She said. I'm not disclosing that information to her. "Listen, whatever happened was self defense. He threatened my girl and all I did was go after him. I got kidnapped and he ended up dead because we had to save ourselves." I mentioned.

"Yet, you knew what you were doing when you flew to New York. You were going to kill him anyways." She thought. "I did not plan to have your brother killed. I only wanted to warn him." I said. I later found out that the evidence they have against me are videos.

Next day,

"I told you to not come here." I scowled Bernice. I did not want her to see me here like this. "August, I haven't seen you since you got arrested and you think that's fair?" She asked. "Yes. I'm in jail for murder with any evidence they got against me. I didn't want you to see me in this state." I told her. "Well, the kids miss you and I hope you can come home soon." She said.

"Home?" I questioned. "You know what I mean." She chuckled. My mom hasn't visited me which I don't even have a problem with. She hasn't even called. Seeing her son in jail is hard. Now, Kaylee and I have reversed roles. "How are the kids and Kaylee with Ezra?" I asked. "They are all good. Your mom has been helping Kaylee out a lot." She mentioned.

"Kyron still working on getting a lawyer for Lonte and I?" I asked. "Yes. It's harder than it looks." She told me. I know that we are going to do some time for the two charges, but I want it lessened. We both got family that we need to be with. I want five years max. "They set a court date." I announced. "They did?" She asked. "It's on the fifteenth. I'll need a lawyer by then." I pointed out.

Kaylee,

My mom is feeding Ezra. She came to stay with me for awhile. The painful part is that I was in labor for eight hours and Lonte wasn't with me. I needed him and he's in jail. "Foods ready." Shanay announced. Shanay's been a big help. She's been cooking and bringing food for me. That's someone I can always trust to be there for me.

I went to the kitchen and ate. She cooked jerk chicken and coconut rice. Shanay is from Jamaica and their jerk chicken is so good. "How does it feel being engaged?" I asked. "It feels good. We just moved in together." She updated me. "That's nice." I said. I wished Lonte and I didn't make that fast decision to get married. I didn't know what was going on.

I have no after high school education. I don't even have a job and I have a son. How am I supposed to take care of him when I'm not stable? Lonte has money, but we never talked about our finances. I can't access it. "What is it?" Shanay asked. "I'm just overwhelmed with everything. Lonte stocked up the house. What happens when all that's finished?" I rhetorically asked.

"You should talk to him. Let him give you access to his money. He has to." She mentioned. That's going to be a hard discussion. I have depended on people all my life and I'm tired of it. Ezra started crying. I went upstairs and took him from my mom. "It's ok." I rocked him while I sat down on the rocking chair. "I think he needs to sleep." Mom mentioned. In no time he fell asleep.