32

April 3rd
Bernice,

"I met someone." Trina announced. We all stared at her. "What?" She asked after she looked at each of us. Saraphine laughed. "You're joking right?" She wondered. Trina's been on the no man train since she broke up with her ex two years ago. She refused to give any man a second glance.

"I'm dead serious." She said. "How'd he get you to give him a chance?" Violet asked. "Well, we were friends before he asked me out and he's a really nice guy." She said. "I need to know name, social media handles, and his past." Violet said.

Since when is she a detective. "I don't know anything about his past. His name is Christopher Williams." Trina mentioned. "Found him." Violet said quickly. Damn. She was fast. "I think you'll be good. He dresses well and seems educated. I see no signs of any ex so far." Violet spoke.

"Good because I wasn't worried." Trina shrugged. "Let me see." Saraphine said. Violet handled the phone to Saraphine. "Why are you so quiet?" Trina noticed. "I'm good. I'm real good." I assured her.

"Ok. How are you and August?" She asked. I broke down crying. "It's just hard for us." I said. I'm overwhelmed with the kids, my mom, and August. I've been lying to the kids and I'm tired of it.  "I'm sure everything will be ok." Trina said.

"What if it's not though? We need to think realistically." Saraphine said. She's right. If August gets life, then everything changes. No more spending time together,  no marriage, and other things. I can't raise these kids without him.

"Kyron said he found a good lawyer and because it was self defense and planned out they may not get life in prison." Violet said. "Really?" I asked. Kyron hasn't been telling me anything about the case. I guess August instructed him to. Violet nodded.

Kyron and Violet met and they immediately hit it off. Kyron is very nice. He's into tech. I think he'll be good for Violet. "Girl, you need a drink." Trina got up. She brought back some glasses and a bottle of red wine. We poured and drank.

Saraphine's phone dinged and she looked at it. She's smiling. "What is it?" Violet peeked at her phone. "You seem ready to take him back." She mentioned. "I'll see when he gets here." Saraphine said. Aaron is coming tomorrow so that they can work things out.

"Trina, how's it going with your parents?" I asked after I sip the wine. "It's going well. Ever since they came they have been more accepting." She mentioned. "I've been fighting with them." Saraphine spoke. "You have?" Trina asked. "Yes. I recently told them that I've decided to stay here and they don't like it. I'll have to go to a new school for my masters and all. They rather have me stay with one school." She told us.

"I don't get it. Many people change schools when they finish a degree. What's wrong with that? It all matters what school is best for your next degree." Violet inputted. "That's what I've been telling them. I already found a school here that is great for my masters in psychology." Saraphine exclaimed.

"They'll accept it when they know you won't back down." I thought. When she shows that she's really serious they won't have no choice to let in. At least she went to college and all.

Kaylee,

I opened the door. To see Jaquan and his girlfriend. I rolled my eyes and let them come in. "Jaquan, may we talk?" I questioned. "Sure." He agreed. I led him to the kitchen as his girlfriend sat on the couch.

"Seriously." I hissed. "What?" He sat down on the island. "You brought her here, especially when it's your first time seeing the baby." I declared. "What's wrong with that?" He wondered. "Everything. I simply don't like her. She seems to be taking all your time away. I never see you anymore." I told him. He got up.  "Just give her a chance." He touched my shoulder and walked out.

That didn't go how it was supposed to go. I wanted her out of my house. It seems to be that he is wrapped around this girl fingers. We used to be around each other a whole lot and now he has changed. I left the kitchen and went upstairs to get Ezra.

He's a very quiet baby which I like. He mostly sleep all day. I was scared he was going to be the opposite. With Lonte gone I don't know how I was going to cope. I'm coping ok for the most part. I wish Lonte was here to help.

I picked up Ezra from his crib and noticed he needed a diaper change. I changed it. I took him downstairs so that his uncle can see him. "Can I hold him after?" Raina asked. "No." I said. I went to the kitchen and got some drinks for us.

"Lonte won this one." Jaquan said. "Yeah, he did." I affirmed. Ezra looks just like him. "Did they set a trial date yet?" He asked. "It's May 6." I answered. Raina whispered something in Jaquans ear and he handed the keys to her. She left the house.

"You made her uncomfortable." He stated. I shrugged. I was uncomfortable too. "I just don't get why you broke up with Violet to be with her." I said. He scratched his head. "You got any food?" He asked. I nodded. I went in to the kitchen and got him a plate of  seafood boil. Which consists of crab, lobster, potatoes, shrimp, and corn. My mom helped me make it yesterday.

I took the baby from him. He ate some. "Tastes like your mom's." He determined. "Well, she helped me with it." I mentioned. My mom is a good cook and I wish I was skilled as her. Maybe some day.