12

September 18
Kaylee,

I filled up my plate with spaghetti. "Have you noticed that you have been eating a lot lately?" Jaquan asked. "I haven't. I think I have food poisoning since I've been throwing up every morning." I mentioned.

"Go take a pregnancy test." He said. "I can't be pregnant. I had an abortion." I ate some of my spaghetti. "Have you been drinking alcohol and you always throw up after?" He wondered. "Yeah. Why do you know so much about being pregnant?" I asked.

"I researched it. Violet could possibly be pregnant." He said. They just got together and now they're at it. I wasn't like that when I got together with Lonte. "I'll go take it but it's going to be negative." I went to the bathroom.

I highly regret having an abortion. I should've talked to Lonte and know how he feels before I did it. I can't change what I did. I thought that if I kept the baby Lonte wouldn't want it. I was mistaken.

I was scared that the baby would be harmed. I don't want to put my child through that. If I am still pregnant I will keep this baby. Positive. I sighed in relief. I looked at the stick and realized, I didn't kill my child. I throw away the stick.

"Jaquan I am still pregnant." I smiled. "You should go tell Lonte." He suggested. "How come you ain't got anything against him?" I inquired. "We have never had any beef. Don't let August stop you from loving Lonte." He advised. "Trust me I don't love Lonte." Lonte could probably be with some hoe right now.

"You have the same look that Bernice has when she talks about August." He realized. "You know nothing about love." I mentioned. "I love Violet. So I do know something." He confirmed.

August,

I am looking at my text messages. Kaylee texted me with emojis. It seems like she's mad at me and one was a husband and wife emoji. She found out. I called Lonte. "What do you want August?" He asked. "You told her. Why would you do that?" I raised my voice. "I told my wife what she needs to know. I can't keep lying for the years you want me to." He said.

I dropped the call. Lonte and Kaylee got married at 22. It was Kaylee's idea for them to be married. She was on medicine for her broken leg so she didn't remember that they got married when she woke up the next day. I threatened Lonte to keep it a secret.

He didn't want to. He kept it a secret so he could live. I don't like him. I wanted to keep Kaylee safe. Now I noticed that I can't keep her safe. I'm in the same shit that he's in.

I decided to answer Bernice's call. She has been calling a lot today. "Hello." I greeted. "Finally. I think Aaron broke his left arm and Ashley has been having a fever all day. We're at the hospital." She said. "I should be back in a couple hours. I'm just getting on the plane." I mentioned.

"Where have you been?" She inquired. "New York." I informed her. "We need to have a talk when you get back." She asserted. "Aight. I love you. Tell the kids I'll be there soon." I expressed. She uttered something. "What was that?" I asked. "I wish that I didn't love you." She said.

That hurts. I've broken something before it even started. "I see how it is. I've gotta go. I'll call you when I land." I decided. "Bye." She dropped the phone. She's going to ambush me with a lot of questions when I get back.