11

September 16
Jaquan,

"August left again." Kaylee mentioned. "Did he text you before he left?" I asked. "Yes. I got a text saying I'm leaving the state. Don't worry about me. I'll be back when I'm back." She read off of her phone.

The first time he left, he was gone for six months. He left because Bernice took Aaron away and didn't tell him where they were going. He runs away when things get tough.

"Something must've happened for him to go away. It could involve Bernice again." I inferred. "I'll find out. I have to watch Ashley and Aaron so I'll ask her." She stated. I nodded.

"Have you gotten accepted into a school yet?" I questioned. "I'm still waiting." She responded. "I wish that I went to school. It's too late for me now." I would like to end working in the drugs business but it isn't easy.

"You and August need to stop before you're behind bars." She advised. "You know we can't stop." I told her. Quitting the game ain't easy. We're in it till we can't breathe no more.

Bernice,

I finished taking the kids a bath. I dressed them up. I have an interview for a job today. "Mommy, where are we going?" Aaron asked. "Aunty Kaylee is coming to take you all." I said.

I haven't heard from August. I'm a bit worried about him. I shouldn't have slapped him. I wouldn't have if he wasn't going to cheat. I called and texted him. He's not replying back.

The doorbell rang. I went to go get it. "Hi." Kaylee smiled. "Hi." I said back. "Did something happen between you and August?" She wondered. I explained everything to her.

"He left. I don't know where. The first time he left was when you took Aaron away from him. He was gone for six months." She informed me. It must have really affected him a lot.

"Can we find him?" I asked. "It's pointless. If we do he'll just stay away longer." She mentioned. I nodded. I checked the time. "Aunty Kaylee." Aaron and Ashley ran toward Kaylee.

She picked them up. "Let's go have some fun." Kaylee said. I followed her to the car. I put the bag in the front seat. "What happened to your old car?" I asked.

"August thought it was junk so he gave me one of his." She answered. I kissed Aaron and Ashley's forehead. "Bye A and A." I said. They waved at me. Aaron insisted that I call them that.

August,

Here I am in Bronx, New York. I was looking out the window. I know that I have responsibilities back in Atlanta. I just need a break from what has been going on. I know that I shouldn't have left.

I abandoned my kids and my family. I know that when I get back they would've probably forgotten about me. I was thinking about staying a year.

I just needed to see life toward a different view. My phone was ringing. This time it was my mom. I haven't heard from her in a while. I haven't even bothered to check on her. I'm a messed up person.

I decided to answer it. "Yes mom." "Where the hell are you? Kaylee said you just up and left." She's about to criticize me. "I did. I just need a break." I said.

"What you need to do is apologize to Bernice and go back to Atlanta." She told me. I sighed. "I'll think about it." I scratched my face. "If you want her back you gotta apologize. Not over the phone but in person." She mentioned. "I will..."