7

Jaquan in mm.
August 27
Jaquan,

I felt someone drag my ear. It was August. "What the fuck bro?" I said. What is he doing pulling my ear for like he's my mom.

"We gotta talk." He said. "We'll be right back." I told Violet and Trina. I followed him to the kitchen.

"Do you like Violet?" He asked. "No. Why?" I lied. "You were staring at her way too hard. If I think about it..." He paused.

I hope he hasn't notice that I've always been staring at her since four years ago. She always had a boyfriend whenever I wanted to do something.

"You've always been staring at her." He continued. "I don't like her. She ain't even my type." I said.

"You must have forget that we're cousins and I can tell when you're lying." He spoke. "I've liked her for four years. I just ain't say nothing." I mentioned.

"Why you ain't say nothing?" He questioned. "I don't know man. I guess that if I told you, you'll tell Bernice and she'll tell Violet. We'll have a slim chance of getting together since we're three years apart." I responded.

"Age doesn't matter. Me and Bernice are two years apart and we didn't care about our age difference when we got together." He mentioned.

"I want to tell Violet but I don't know how to." I said. "Tell me what?" I turned around and I saw Violet.

"Speak from the heart bro. Tell her how you truly feel." August said. He gave us some privacy.

It took me a couple minutes to find the right words to say. "I like you." I said. "I like you too." She said. "I mean-" She kissed me.

Bernice,

I washed my hands. After I was done I checked my phone. I have a text from August.

August😀: I miss you. 😔

Me: You have a girlfriend.

August😀: I broke up with her a while ago. I told you this.

Me: I must've not been listening.

August😀: When are you coming back?

Me: In two months.

August😀: 😭

Me: 😂 I'm coming back on Wednesday at 4:50pm.

August😀: Good.

Me: How's Aaron?

August😀: He's fine. He went out with Kaylee.

Me: Ok. It's 10pm over here so I should get some rest.

August😀: Have a goodnight. I love you.

Me: Kiss Aaron goodnight for me when he goes to sleep.

All I think of August is as my children's father. Nothing else. I know he has feelings and our bond has gotten stronger. I don't have the same feelings that he has for me.