19

October 22
Kaylee,

"Why aren't you saying anything?" I asked Lonte. He's just scrolling on his phone instead of listening to me. My phone started ringing but I ignored it. I snatched his phone away from him. "What do you want?" He asked me. "A divorce." I took off the ring and threw it at him.

I'm starting to think August's intention to keep me being married a secret from me was for good. I've been through so much with Lonte I don't think I can take it anymore. "Baby." Lonte tried to grab my hand but I stepped back. "Don't baby me." I warned.

"You're serious." He noticed. "Is this funny to you?" I asked. He scratched his head. "Look-" He started. "Save it. My mind is made up." I told him. "I'm sorry that I've not been a good husband or one at all." He said.

"Do you even know what you've put me through? The times you cheated on me and I stayed. Most women would've left the first time but I didn't and you promised that last time you wouldn't do it again but someone saw you with a girl at the club recently." I pointed out. I put his phone on the table.

"I kept my promise. I haven't cheated since then." He mentioned. "You must be stupid to think I don't know that your around girls at the club." I said. He doesn't go to the club every night but two to three times a week he does. "Whoever told you that I was with a girl at the club must've not seen the part I told her to leave me alone." He mentioned.

"Ok." I said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me close to him. "I love you and only you. No one will ever take your place. Please don't leave me." He expressed. My heart was telling me not to but I have to. "I can't do this. This isn't just about you cheating." I got out off his arms and then I left the living room.

As soon as I got to the bedroom I grabbed my luggages and started putting my things inside. "Baby we can work this out. I'll do better." Lonte walked into the room. Empty words with no action. That's what it always is.

I went to the closet and got some clothes. "Baby, I'm not going to let you leave. Since you're serious about divorcing me and I know you don't have a place to go you can stay in the house. I can't have you out on the street especially with this pregnancy. I'll move out to give you space." He suggested. I could tell he was hurt by looking into his eyes.

"I'm good." I denied his offer. I don't want to kick him out of his home. "Ok. I'll help you pack." He said. I went to use the bathroom and when I came back my luggages was empty. Lonte is putting his stuff in his luggage.

"What are you doing?" I asked. "I meant what I said. Your ass is staying here." He's focused on what he's doing. I know if I fight him on it there'll be no point I'll end up doing what he wants.

"Ok, fine." I sat on the bed. Lonte got out his wallet from his pocket and handed me a card. "What's this for?" I asked. "For whatever you need." He said. "I'll be fine. Take it back." I said.

"I made you quit your job and lay-off school till you have the baby. I don't want you to be stressed." He said. When I was living with August, I followed his rules. I got a job as an assistant even though I had no experience and I started school to become a nurse.

"Okay." I said. "I'll take the Audi and you can keep the Benz even after your car is fixed." He instructed. He finished packing and then he left the house.

I started crying. I wish things were different. That nothing can come between us. I answered my ringing phone. "Hello." I said dryly. "Are you ok?" Bernice asked. I looked at the time and it's time for us to meet up.

"I'm good." I lied. "Ok. I'm almost there so are you on the way?" She asked. I got off the bed and I grabbed the keys to the Benz and put it in my handbag. "Yeah, I'm on the way. I'll see you soon." I said. "Ok." She said and ended the call. I changed and left the house.

I walked into the restaurant and saw Bernice sitting down with my mom. "What is she doing here?" I asked. I haven't seen her till I got kicked out. My mom looked at me and widened her eyes. "Kaylee, sit down." Bernice ordered.

I sat down. "You're pregnant." My mom said. I nodded my head. "Damn. I messed up with you. Now you're going to be a single mom." She remarked. "I'm married." I smirked. I wasn't going to let her get the satisfaction of her being right.

"To who?" She asked. "Lonte." I answered. "I called y'all here to talk about August." Bernice announced. "Is he ok?" Mom asked. August can never do anything wrong in her eyes. He's the only one she cares for.

"Have you talked to him?" I asked. The last time I saw August I was mad at him but he's my only brother so I care about him. "The answer to both of your questions are no. He sent me a code red text and I talked to Jaquan since I couldn't reach him. Jaquan says he's been captured." Bernice informed us.

August has been in this drug game for too long but he has never been captured till now. "Are you sure?" Mom asked. "Yes." Bernice said. I know she's telling the truth but my mom isn't believing anything. Bernice looks like she hasn't been sleeping.

A waiter came up to us and asked if we would like to order. We gave our orders. "Bernice, tell me this is a joke." Mom laughed. "It isn't." Bernice denied. When it comes down to August, mom is in disbelief but if it was me she'll believe it. August is a much stronger person than me. I know that he's going to be fine.

We discussed it and concluded that I should ask Lonte for help. I didn't want to tell them that Lonte moved out and I don't know where he is so I had to agree. I could barely sleep at night. I started crying. I know I have to ask Lonte for help but I want a divorce and I don't even think he'll help me.

My phone started ringing. I turned on the lamp and grabbed my phone. "Hello." I said. "Are you crying?" Lonte asked. "I'm not." I rebuked. "Ok. I can't sleep and it looks like you can't either." He mentioned. I really don't want to do this. "I called because I wanted to check up on you." He told me.

I sighed. "I'm fine." I lied. "I'm going to call you on facetime. I want to see your beautiful face." He said. I know, he knows I'm lying. Facetime came on. "What's wrong Kay?" He asked. "I need to ask you for a favor." I said. "Shoot." He said

I gathered all my thoughts. I have to do this. "August got captured in New York and Bernice thought that I should ask you to help Jaquan find him. Will you please help?" I wondered. He scratched his head. I shouldn't have even asked. "Are we still getting a divorce?" He asked. "Yes." I said.

Him helping me out doesn't mean I'll stay with him. "Then no." He denied. Why is he thinking like that? I only need his help. I'm not asking for anything big. "Ok, bye." I said. "Kay?" He said. "What Lonte?" He stared at me. "We're on a first name basis now?" He asked. "Yes." I said.

"Okay. Okay. Okay. I was just playing with you. I'll help you. I'll do anything for you." He mentioned. He's switching up. He's being too nice since I mentioned getting a divorce. "Ok. Thanks." I smiled. "I don't want you crying anymore or I'll come back." He said. "Ok. I won't." I determined.