9

September 1
Bernice,

"Mommy." Aaron ran towards me. I picked him up. August was carrying a little girl.

August hugged me. "Who's the girl?" I asked. "I thought you'll remember our child." He shook his head. I put Aaron down.

Ashley. Tears came out of my eyes. I tried to take her but she held onto her dad tighter. "She's a daddy's girl." He mentioned. "Now that I'm back. We'll see about that." I smirked. I'm so glad that they found her. Having my daughter back is a great feeling. I'll get her to warm up to me.

We walked to the baggage claim to get the rest of my luggage. "Mama." Ashley said. I took her from August.

I pointed out the rest of my luggages out to August. "I missed you." I kissed Ashley's cheek.

"I missed you too, Bernice." August said. "I was talking to Ashley." I said. He chuckled.

"Y'all are a cute family." A middle aged woman said. "Thank you." August said. The woman went on her way. I punched him.

"Mommy, why did you punch daddy?" Aaron asked. "We're not a couple and now you have that woman thinking we are." I said.

"We should be. You just won't let it happen." He spoke. "I'm not ready." I stated.

"Let's go on one date. If you don't like it I'll stop bothering you and I'll just be in my kid's life. Deal?" He mentioned.

I was so used to being with him. It will just be weird if we didn't talk to each other and he just comes to pick the kids up.

"No deal. We can try being in a relationship." I have some feelings for him but I'm not ready to admit it.

I put Aaron and Ashley in their car seats. When I turned around I was face to face with August. He leaned in.

"Let's take it slow."