XXXVII

XXXVII

Leilanie Jayei's vacation in the palace for the past two days was the most irritating event happened in my life here in England.

She was acting as though she would be a princess someday through her marriage to Prince Alexander. Duh? Over my dead body, that thing would never happen. She joined every activity that involved the royal member or announcing to each public occasion that she was here.

I avoided her every minute. I became a normal employee of the palace for the past forty eight hours. I had spoken with Prince Alexander every past midnight because he was too busy to work and made a gap between him and his ex-girlfriend. I did not think he really made a great space for the reason Leilanie became a human tail. She was always there, wherever His Highness put himself.

However, this day was the most unfortunate. Katherine and I walked down the hallway when we met her and Queen Beatrice.

"Your Majesty," we simultaneously gave respect to the most powerful woman of this land.

"Shirley Woodman," it was a more questioning than recognizing. I looked at her, and gave her a smile. "Alexander's accountant," this time, she was stating.

Confusion stirred in my inside. I just stared at her for like an hour before I could form a word to say. I bowed my head, "Yes, Your Majesty."

She nodded as if knowing that fact for the very first time. She gestured her hand to the woman beside her, "I want you to meet, Leilanie," she elegantly moved her hand in front of us, "Leilanie, Katherine Lee, one of my personal accountants, and Shirley Woodman, Alexander's accountant."

Suddenly, the beat of my heart increased its tempo. I slowly met Leilanie's gaze and saw how her evil grin formed on her pretty face. She might reveal my relationship with Prince Alexander in front of the queen. I was one hundred percent sure that she considered it would cause our separation.

I caught my breath when she spoke, "Yeah, Shirley," she extended her arm in front of me, "Nice to meet you. I have no idea that Alex has a very beautiful accountant." I controlled myself to roll my eyes. I shook her hand as a respect.

"Don't be jealous, Leilanie," Queen Beatrice smoothly said, "Once you and Alex get married, I'll transfer her in your office."

"Get married?" if only my eyeballs could leave their socket, they already did. Three pairs of eyes gave me disbelieving looks. I changed my shock tone into the most polite level, "I mean, that's good to hear, Your Majesty."

"Yes, they'll face the altar so soon," Her Majesty boasted, "They'll announce their engagement later."

Later? That fast?

"Yes," Lailanie answered my unspoken question, "After dinner, we hope to see both of you there. Actually, that's why I went here in England this week," she explained, "It is to announce Alex is no longer available in the market."

"We leave you here," Queen Beatrice's farewell. She and Leilanie continued to walk on the hallway until they turned the corner. It was clear that Leilanie looked back at me and showed the triumph on her face. Fudge.

All their statements had not yet sank in until I did not see them anymore.

What? Engagement? Prince Alexander, my prince, would get married to another woman. That was stupid. He was single up to we began our relationship last month. What was happening on this earth?

I heard Katherine cursed, "That Leilanie is getting on my nerves. Attention-seeker female dog. I don't care if she is Prince Alexander's wife. I promise that if ever she become a princess, I'm going to quit this job."