XXVIII

XXVIII

"I want to go home," Prince Alexander said, but he was not breaking our hug.

We were still in the isolated part of the garden, having some good times together. The music in the hall stopped several minutes ago, and I heard some speech from different individuals. Prince Alexander and I were still standing on the ground while our bodies were still in contact.

"You're suppose to give words to your best friend, aren't you?" I stated quietly, because I did not want him to hear the sadness in my words. He wanted to go home, it only meant that we would return to our normal situations. I just wondered if he was not satisfied in my presence anymore.

He removed his arms around me and clasped my both shoulders. "Yeah, but I want to go now. It is okay, I always give him a speech," he was speaking to me, but his eyes were in my mouth, as if observing it like a Science experiment.

I beamed and put my hands on his cheeks. I made him look at my eyes, "However, today is different. It is his wedding day. It's special to him, so you need to give him some words."

He thought for a minute and nodded, "Okay, but promise me something first."

I chuckled because he acted like I was pleading him to give a speech. "What is it, Your Highness?"

"Meet me in the basement, right after I speak, you understand?" even though I was confused, I still moved my head in agreement. We stared at each other for another long hour only until he said, "You go inside first, then I'll follow."

Without uttering another word, we separated and I started to walk to go inside the hall. Nevertheless, he cursed under his breath.

"Wait," I stopped and faced him. He just observed me like he had a war inside his head. He closed our gap again for just two strides and spoke again, "Kiss me."

His face became red all of a sudden, and I knew, it also happened to my face right now. My confusion increased, I smiled and asked, "Why don't you do it?"

He answered, "I'm afraid that you will punch me again if I force you."

I looked away remembering that I had a sin against him. I bowed my head, "I'm sorry about your bleeding nose two days ago. You should not provoke me again."

"Yeah, that's why instead of kissing you, I'm telling you to do it," I did not know if he was excited or nervous or both at the same time.

I laughed, but smacked my mouth on his soft lips. It was the fastest kiss we had done since we met.

"Satisfied?" I asked.

"No," he answered instantly, "And I'll give you punishment once we get to the Palace."

"Huh? Punishment for what?" I panicked, this was the thing I was afraid after punching his nose.

He pointed his nose, "You know this is the answer. Don't worry, you will enjoy it also." His infamous evil grin formed on his face, "What are you still doing here? Go inside."

"You'll receive a much stronger punch with a kick if you hurt me," I warned.

"Oh, babe," he shook his head, "I will never hurt you."

I just gave him a dirty look, and did not argue about the endearment. I turned to my way toward the door and looked over my shoulder, for the last time, to see him busy watching me while his arms was on his chest.

When I came back to the hall, all the people were attentive listening to the lady who was speaking to the stage. Of course, who would not listen to the Princess Royal of England? Princess Victoria was happily telling the story of how she became the bridge of Isaac and Ella.