XLI

(A/N: This chapter is inspired by Love Me Like You Do by Ellie Goulding. Video at the side. You can play it while reading the chapter. You'll see why.)

XLI

"You look perfect, girl!" Lola exclaimed once I faced them. I did not know if she was saying it because she was my best friend or there was already a zoo in my stomach that I found myself not that presentable.

Lola did my curled-hair and makeup while Princess Victoria and Ella helped me to wear my gown. Princess Victoria told me that Ella made this simple white yet sophisticated wedding gown. It was strapless. Fitted from chest to hips. Loosed all the way to the floor. The well-suited gladiator shoes covered my bared feet. It matched the beach theme of my wedding.

My wedding.

As the event got closer, it was hard for me to think that later I would be the wife of Prince Alexander, a prince of England. A very prominent man. I thought it would be easy to admit to myself that he would be my husband, but thinking of our million differences, I could not still believe that a person like him would marry me.

"Hey, Shirley, smile," Princess Victoria commented, "You will be my sister-in-law soon!"

I nervously smiled, "Victoria, do you think I really fit to be his spouse?"

Her Highness instantly went beside me and draped her arm around mine. "Your question is wrong, Shirley, it should be," she cleared her throat and mimicked my voice, "Do you think Prince Alexander really fits to be my spouse?"

Everyone laughed except to myself. I did not respond. I just stared at the princess as though she got another head. When she noticed that I did not buy her joke, she removed her arm on mine and pushed me a little.

"You're perfect, Shirley, please trust me on that," she faced the people with us, "Second the motion? Anyone?"

They agreed with her, which added a handful of nervousness in my body. Mom stood in front of me and held my cheek. Her blue eyes, which matched with mine, glittered with gladness and pride.

She smiled and hugged me, "You deserve to be happy, Shirley. I saw how much he loves you. "

---

Taking a deep breath, I heard the wedding march played outside. The door slowly opened, revealing the afternoon sun and how the scenery formed magnificently. Together with the 'Here Comes the Bride' were the wave of the sea and the applause from the people, who looked at me as if I was the most special person at this moment.

Unsure of how I should walk, my feet did its thing for me. Like a professional bride - if ever there was a thing like that - my movement tuned with the music. Each step. Each beat of heart. I unconsciously did it, especially when I saw the man waiting for me at the other end of the aisle.

His smile removed the oxygen in my lungs. Was it really that I would marry that man? Even I was standing at least ten meters away, I could still perceive how flawlessly he wore the all-white three-piece suit and how his dark blond hair furnished in the most I-want-to-lock-my-fingers-on-it-way.