XVIII

XVIII

Miss Woodman,

I need to go to the capital to arrange our flight tomorrow. Please see the box beside your bed. See you tonight.

A.J.P.L.

This was the letter I saw on the table where the breakfast was set. It has a nice calligraphy, that I almost did not mind the content of the note. I observed each curve and line of the letters. I had no idea before that he was good in writing.

Obviously, the letter was from Prince Alexander because of the initials below. It stood for Alexander Jared Paul Leonard.

I ate my not-so-majestic-unlike-yesterday-breakfast alone. I had an idea that he cooked these foods before he went to the capital.

The words I heard during my sleep last night were still bothering me. I knew it was not a dream, and his words felt so real, but why there was an uneasiness inside me. Was it because I did not feel the same?

I did not know if I had a feeling for him. Yes, I was attracted to him because he was handsome and hot. Who would not notice that Prince? However, the things he told me last night was not about his attraction to me. It was a deeper feeling and I knew, I never felt the same.

I wanted him to leave those prostitutes he was sleeping with. I wanted to help him to face this world in different direction, but I was not ready to commit my life to him. Probably, I liked him, but not in the romantic way. I liked him in a friendlier manner.

After my breakfast, I went to the room to see the box His Highness was saying. The box located beside my bed was approximately a meter long. There was another note pasted on top of it, saying:

Wear it tonight. See you!

A.J.P.L.

I immediately opened the box, and saw a simple yet stunning white dress. I stood in front of a life-size mirror and viewed myself while I put the dress in front of my body. The dress had thin straps, and gold ribbon as a belt. Its hem ended above the knees.

There were also a pair of Flip top inside the box, which well matched with the dress.

I did not know where it started, but I was excited for tonight.

-----

Before dark covered the sky, I still could not decide what kind of hairstyle I would do to my hair. In addition, I was not good at putting makeup on my face. When I was in Chicago, Lola was the one who fixed everything for me. Now that I was alone, maybe, I would do an experiment.

I braided my long dark-brown hair, a little messy, yet it was still good for beginners. I put cream on my face, and since, I had no idea about how to put contour or eye shadows, I decided to have a pink lipstick on my lips.

There were set of makeup in one of the drawers inside the room. I suddenly wondered if there were other girls went here with the Prince. Besides considering he was using the makeup, which was hard to believe, maybe this island had been his favorite sanctuary for his affairs.

I felt knots in my chest when I thought about that. Probably for the reason he aligned me to his mistresses when he brought me here.

I moved aside the things forming in my mind, and decided to go outside to breathe some air.

I was not yet completely stepping outside when I saw him standing nearby while his both hands were on his hips. He looked annoyed and gave me a dirty looked when I started to walk with him.

He wore a white shirt and black slacks. His sleeves folded up to his elbows, and the first two buttons of his shirt were undone. His hair tousled in its usual way, which made him more attractive.