XXII

XXII

"You're not a cupid, Lola," I called my best friend, who was currently eating her brunch in Chicago, on the phone to stop her from giving my number to my exes.

I heard her yawn, "Hey, Shirley, good morning, what are you talking about?" Let's say she sounded so innocent that I almost believed her.

"Damn you, Lola," I said but in less serious meaning, we used to say bad words to each other. Finally, the cab stopped in front of the palace's main gate, so I got out and guards inspected me. I presented them my employee's identification card.

"I love you, too," Lola giggled; I wanted to slap her right now. "What have I done this time to make you that angry?" she asked while the guards allowed me to enter the gate.

"Stop acting as if you're innocent!" I could not stop myself from yelling, as a result, people nearby turned their heads in my direction. "It doesn't fit you," I whispered.

"Whatever," the happiness in her voice was still obvious, "So, Paulo is already there in England? Has he already called you?"

"He texted me this morning to see him in the London's Eye this lunch," I ran my hand through my ponied hair.

"Then?"

"Of course, I came," I responded after I entered one of the minor doors of the Palace which was located near the Dining Hall. There was a receptionist desk where two women were standing and greeting the people who entered this door. As far as I knew, it was also used by the visitors who were not included in the VIP list.

There were different kind of doors in the Palace. One which was being used by the Royal Family member, government officials, and Exclusive guests (major door or also known as The Palace Door) and, the rest was called minor doors that were made of same expensive hard wood with The Palace Door. These minor doors were only smaller and less grand than the main door. In addition, people who entered through these were the commoners or employees.

"Really?" the excitement in Lola's voice made me more irritated, "Is there a chance..."

She had no chance to finish what she was saying because I cut her, "No way!" I sighed, "Lola, Paulo is sweet, gentle and romantic, he is the only guy who brought me in that extravagant Ferris Wheel of London, but..." I stopped when someone grabbed my phone and it slipped away from my hand.

I looked at that 'someone' and my big blue eyes became bigger when his striking green eyes gave me the scariest warning I had ever seen. He looked at the screen of my old model phone (which, fortunately, was returned to me by him the hour after our island vacation), and clicked the button to end the call.

"What are you doing?!" I shouted, had no care to the individuals who saw and could report me in the authority because I shouted to the Prince. Thank goodness, we were in the far part of the hallway where only two of us were standing.

"Who is Paulo?" he asked back, not minding my question. His voice was solid and sharp as if it could stab someone directly in the heart and died immediately.

"It's not good to listen to someone's conversation, I hope your ethics lesson being a Prince discussed that to you," I glared at him, "As if I'll tell you who he is."

He was just looking at me without listening to my words, he said, "Where have you been? Why did you not come to my office? Are you with him?"

If I did not know this Prince was a great womanizer, I could think he was jealous at this moment. "Yes, I am with him and what's it with you?"

"What's it with me?" he repeated my question with a laugh, "You'll see."

He held me on my hips. Lifted and put me on his shoulder like carrying a sack of corn. He was strong enough to carry me even though my fists was kept on hitting him on his back.