XXIII

XXIII

I did not see him for the past twenty-four hours. Or, let's say, I avoided him again (for the nth time since I stepped here in England) as hard as I could. I did not want to face him again after what he had told me yesterday. Possibly, I would count my remaining days in this place.

Once I arranged all the stack of papers on my desk in the office, I suddenly noticed a tabloid mixed with all the important documents for the transactions this month. Curiosity went first, without a reluctance, I looked at the front page of the morning paper, and it knocked out all my sanities.

I was in the mid-size picture of the newspaper, together with Prince Alexander. The picture was taken during the time we jogged yesterday. It was only my back that was visible on the image while the prince's arm was around my head. At least, no one would recognize me. There was no doubt that the boy who had a camera was the one who reported it.

However, it was not really my picture that gave the tabloid a life. Who was I, anyway? It was the big picture of Princess Emily and Prince Nicholas, who were kissing, and their child sitting between them. They were in the garden of the palace while sitting on the grass. They looked so sweet and happy, and I would believe them if I did not see the real thing behind this shot.

Above the pictures, there was the title, which composed of large letters, for today's hottest news, 'Royal Couples: Secret and Sacred'.

I felt all blood went up on my face when the word 'couple' captivated my brain. Hence, all the women who came closer to the prince was called as his lover. They had no idea who were they talking about. Even the real picture of Prince Nicholas and Princess Emily, who would doubt their relationship if they only saw their smiles in the public?

I had only a little evidence to say that, but I was not blind to recognize how they acted in front of those paparazzi outside the fence. I did not know why they needed to do it, but I was curious enough to know it.

Putting aside the tabloid, I started encoding the data in the Excel for proper presentation. It was less than two weeks for the next monthly Financial Reporting so I needed to prepare the report before that prince threatened me again.

A knot showed up again in my chest when I remembered his words. I did not cry because I wanted to convince myself that he was nothing for me but a boss. A freaking arrogant boss. If I cried, I was the most foolish girl in the world for giving up my tears because of that bastard.

I was confused now. Who should I believe? The man who told me that he liked me, or the man who told me that he could put me behind the bar. Nevertheless, only one thing was sure, he was a sort of bipolar. Damned him.

The concentration already left me, when Clarissa went into my cubicle and handed me a brown envelope.

"What's this?" I asked her once I held the thing. I looked at it as if it had a bomb inside. See, how bipolar he was? It was like nothing happened yesterday and we came back to being an employee and boss level.

"He gave it to you and threatened me not to open, or else, he will fire me," I heard her sharp breath, as a result, I stared at her, "So I didn't dare to open it, I think it is only an additional transaction for the month."

"Tell him that he is crazy," I told her, and at the same time, I opened the envelope.

"No need, I always tell him that," she laughed a little, "By the way, he also ordered me to tell you that you have a meeting with him later after lunch."

"Tell him that I'm busy," I responded, checking the files in the paper case.

"Okay, I get that, see you later," she smiled and left.