XXXVIII

XXXVIII

We entered in the luxury building we had stopped minutes ago. It was a famous condominium building in London, and might be the most expensive among the rest. The personnel at the front door greeted us, recognizing Prince Alexander.

He wore sunglasses, and we walked quickly to avoid the eyes of the curious people. Paparazzi might see and reported us immediately. The queen would know where he went.

Actually, Prince Alexander explained to me why we left the palace before his engagement party. Obviously, he did not want it to happen. He would not attend so there would be no engagement. In addition, he wanted to spend the day with me because we were not able to be together for a long time last two days.

Once we were inside the lift, Prince Alexander swiped a card on the side of the buttons, and the lift immediately brought us on the top floor. I assumed it was the penthouse.

The doors opened and I got the frontline view of a wealthy pad. There was no other door, once we stepped outside the elevator, we were already standing inside of the penthouse. Prince Alexander removed his sunglasses and went to the couch in front of the forty-two inches LED TV.

I was not able to move because I carefully observed each corner of this pad. The floor was like a mirror in cleanliness. There were windows viewing the great city of London. Kitchen and dining area were located on the left side of the pad, while the living room was on the right side. There were staircase, and I assumed the rooms were located on the second floor.

"Shirley, come here," Prince Alexander invited me to sit on his side.

"Who owns this?" I asked while I walked toward him but my eyes roamed on the walls and ceiling.

"Nicholas, Victoria and I," he simply answered while clicking the button on the television's remote control.

I looked at him, before saying, "Really?" If I was going to guess who owned this place, the last persons I would think was the royal siblings.

I did not say that they could not afford to buy this kind of residence, but the design of this apartment and how it was arranged was not defining the princes and princess. It described more that its owner was a businessman or a multi-billionaire.

He pulled me beside him and explained, "We bought this when Victoria celebrated her eighteenth birthday. No one knows this place, but only the three of us. We all have the keys for this pad."

"It means that you never brought a woman here?" I scooted closer as if his answer was a great deal.

He shook his head, "I brought one," my eyebrow raised instantly, "You."

I giggled, "Oh yes, so this place was known by four now."

He enveloped me in his arms and I leaned my head on his chest. I loved the comfort he gave to me. He kept on switching the channels when he stopped at the news. The reporter said about the weather for today. Winter started. Snow covered the London, and it gave me thrill that Christmas was near. I was going to celebrate it for the very first time here in England with my prince.

I felt him smelling my hair, but stopped when another news flashed on the television. His body became tensed. If I was not mistaken, he flinched when the newscaster began his report.

The news was about the rebels in Africa, the Anti Monarchy Federation Assembly or also known as AMFA. They kidnapped last month, two Britons who worked in the monarchy, and now, they killed a group of Britons who worked for the charity program of England's monarchy in Nigeria. Soldiers went in the said hideout of the group, but a lot of them also got killed. However, there were few of the rebels who died in the encounter. One of them was the spokesperson of the said group.