XXIV

(A/N: I'm supposed to update later this day but I felt so excited to post this chapter and share to you the still photo of the movie INSURGENT! Oh my gosh, anybody here who loves Divergent series? I can't wait for more than three months to see the movie. I'm dying to wait. Just look at the side to see how Four incredibly hot on the photo. By the way, enjoy this chapter and thank you for those who greeted and will greet me 'happy birthday'. lol. This is my last treat for my birthday.)

XXIV

When a man said sorry to a girl, it should be sincere and personal. Some men cried or kneeled in front of their loved ones just to be forgiven. However, I knew a man who just gave me a cup of coffee to say sorry and wanted to be forgiven immediately. Sorry his face.

I was more thinking if whether I would drink the coffee or not, than thinking if whether I would go to his office or not. The answer was obvious, I would not go there and had some conversation with him as if yesterday's scene was skipped.

I put the coffee in the farthest part of my desk and continued encoding the data on my computer, but, there were times that I was unconsciously stopped typing and gawked at the cup. He just wanted me to be distracted and stopped living, the reason he brought this coffee in the office.

My hand suddenly flew on my pocket, knowing my cell phone was there. I wanted someone to talk with, maybe my family or Lola. But I realized that Prince Alexander confiscated it. He never returned it to me since he interrupted my phone call with my best friend. He was really a sort of jerk to be specific.

I exhaustedly sighed and closed my eyes. What should I do now?

To forget the emotions freaking out in my chest, I decided to photocopy the additional transactions in the envelope–Clarissa had given to me–to have a duplicate copy. I needed to work. I needed money. I stood on the ground and went on the photocopying machine which was located on the corner of the office. When I passed Katherine's cubicle, I heard her coughed several times. Not just an ordinary cough, it was infectious and severe.

I peeked on her divider and asked, "Hey, Kath, are you alright?"

She coughed again while slightly smacking her chest. "I'm alright."

"Seriously?" I entered her cubicle. She looked like a bond paper because of the paleness of her face. I touched her forehead and it was like a boiled water. "Oh my gosh, you have a high fever."

"Shirley, I'm okay, don't worry," she stood and got the folder from her table. Suddenly, she squeezed her eyes and came back to her chair.

"Kath!" I grasped her shoulder while my other hand held the documents and brought it back to her table, "You're not okay. You can't even stand. I'll call a nurse."

"Hey, no!" she coughed again while her hand covered her mouth, "I'll bring that to Sasha, before I will take a rest." She tried to stand again, but the result was the same.

"I told you," I held the folder, "I'll bring it to Sasha and I'll call the nurse. She will bring medicine and have a rest, okay?"

"But..."

"No more buts," I turned my back to her, "I'll also tell them that you're not feeling well."

"Thank you, Shirley," her voice sounded so weak.

"No problem."

I went back to my table to leave my files.

-----

Sasha was a black American girl, who gorgeously looked at me with her attractive dark eyes. Her kinky hair was well fixed to the back of her head. She examined me first, before going through the folder that Katherine prepared for the budget request of the Queen's office.