VI

VI

His voice kept on replaying inside my head. I could not be mistaken, but I should be wronged. He was not that man, possibly if I saw his features, like his nose, lips and jaws, in a short distance, I could conclude he was not that man who had saved me from that reckless car.

His Highness stood from his chair behind his long elegant table. He walked in front of it, leaned back on the edge and crossed his arms across his chest. I suddenly forgot how to breathe. I commanded my mouth to close, but it had its own life and I did not bother to order it anymore.

He wore his usual black two-piece suit with all his glory and power. The two buttons on the top of his shirt were open; his chest peeked through it.

"Are you going to answer? Or not?" he raised his eyebrow at me, but I did not respond.

What had I done? Instead of replying, I went to him, in front of him. I took his chin and tilted his face from left to right and back. I observed his strong jaw that perfectly matched with his powerful nose and kissable lips. I was not assuming.

His forehead wrinkled. "What are you doing?"

"You are – were that guy in the airport!" I put away my hands and pointed my index finger at him as if accusing him of robbing something from me. How could I not recognize him immediately? I always saw him on television and Internet. Maybe, my brain was not functioning right.

The most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen in my entire life narrowed, but filled with humor after a few seconds. "Finally, you recognize me. I thought you were the latest alien migrated in this world."

"But.. you...why...well...how.." I stammered and forgot what I was going to say.

He grinned flashing his perfect white teeth. Honestly? Those paparazzi and reporters were not fair in his pictures. I had no second thought of why women voluntarily jumped into his bed. That included the prostitute in the airport.

"Relax. I don't bite. Try to breathe," he commanded with full of authority as if he usually did it.

"I mean, I'm sorry for earlier. I should be polite in talking to you, your Highness," I bowed my head and bit my lower lip.

"Polite," he nodded and walk around me like a scientist observing its most critical experiment, "But now you already know I'm the Prince, you still held my chin disrespectfully. Seriously? Is that the modern meaning of polite?"

"My apology, your Highness. I can't believe that you and the guy at the airport is the same."

"You're really like that? Doing the things without thinking about it?"

"Of course not!" I snapped and suddenly realized I was talking to my boss, a Prince, a powerful man, "Of course not," my tune became soft and laughed a little, "Umm. Maybe, got tired from my travel."

He nodded again and returned to his throne also known as a swivel chair behind a grand table. He gestured me to sit in the chair in front of his table and I did what he had told.

His office was different from the employees' office where I would work. The place was wider than ours even though there was only one person working in here. Well, he was a prince. It explained all. Ancient paintings hung on the wall like those in the museum I had visited during my grade school. A mini living room and kitchen island placed on the west side of the room along with cabinets of wine, awards and picture frames. The east side had another study table with swivel chair, two bookshelves and between them, there was a door.

"That is directed to my room," he answered my unspoken question. "By the way these are the transactions happened during the month of September. I need the financial report by next week."