XLVII

(A/N: OH EM GEE! I finally post an update! I'm sorry and thank you so much for those who still waiting for me and for not getting tired to wait for another update! I have good news! Only two more days of exam and...I finally have a vacation! Yeah, I missed writing so much. I was hiatus for like a year, and I'm so excited to tell you all the things that will happen to Her Life with the Prince. I'll make sure to bring to you all the remaining chapters as soon as possible! Enjoy reading! GOD bless you!)

XLVII

"....you understand? Shirley, Shirley, are you still with me?" I heard Katherine speaking, but I was lost again in my dark world. Maybe, trapped was more appropriate to use.

We were having a deliberation about the financial statements we initially submitted a couple of days ago. It was not yet final because there were still transactions that would happen in the next days.

What made me uncomfortable was I left the overstated miscellaneous expense account as it was because when I reviewed the financial statements of the previous years, the same account was in the similar situation. Yet, no one questioned it.

I broke the rule of being faithful as an accountant in presenting the financial statements because I chose to be faithful to the man I loved. But, the question was he really faithful to me.

It had been ten days since I came back from our wedding. Nine days since I discovered the past. And, eight days since Alexander supposed to be landed back to England. Obviously, he was not yet here and never heard any news from him. I had no freaking idea if he still wanted to come back. Probably, he had already forgotten about me. He got what he wanted from me and I gave it to him anyway.

"Shirley, I think you need to rest for the day," Katherine finally got my attention. She looked at me as if I was a new species. "You have dark circles under your eyes and you entirely spacing out during the deliberation earlier."

I noticed that only Katherine and I remained in the conference hall, the others had already left I don't know when. "Are we done?" I asked her that resulted to a frown on her face.

"Yes, we are adjourned for exactly ten minutes ago," she looked at her wrist watch and at me again, "You are in your own universe since then or maybe few minutes before then. Why are you like this? Are you...are you still sane?"

I sighed and closed my eyes. "I'm alright. I'm just having a hard time."

She leaned forward that made my eyes open. Her brown orbs looked directly to my blue as if reading my mind.

"Are you in love?" She blurted and playful smile crept to her face, "A girl won't act like that if she's not sickly in love to a handsome boy."

I laughed unlady-like just to make sure she would believe me, "I'm not in love, just having insomnia so it's hard to sleep."

"Really?" She raised her eyebrow, "Your eyes say the different when you're looking at him." My eyes got bigger when she said 'him' while she narrowed her eyes as if getting the jackpot. "A woman can read another woman, remember that. Your eyes twinkle every time Prince Alexander is around." I flinched at his name. "And remember, an accountant is a good observer."

"Katherine, it's not that..." I stopped when the door of the conference hall suddenly opened.

We both looked at the intruder and my heart sunk when my most beloved pair of green eyes met mine. I felt tears forming, but it was not time to cry, especially when someone was with us.