VIII

VIII

I remembered the night, my ex-boyfriend, Paulo, asked me to have a sex with him. I was tempted to say yes at the moment that question came out from his mouth, but I answered with a big no and left his room. I had this kind of principle in my life: sex after marriage.

After my rejection, we broke up the next morning. I felt devastated because I loved him so much, however, there was one thing crossed in my mind, he did not love me that much. If his heart was really mine, he could wait for the day I would be ready to have that act with him. He did not. It only meant that he only wanted my body, but not my heart and future with him.

When I finally came to my room, I started to pack my things. I slapped him, but he deserved it. He had no right to say those words in my face. Called me an old-fashioned, I did not care. I just wanted a respect from people around me. I wanted to get married first before everything else.

I did not notice Clarissa entered my room. I just heard her asking.

"What are you doing? Why are you packing your things?"

I looked at her while tears forming in my eyes. "I want to leave. He will fire me anyway."

"What?" she walked toward me, and held my arm, "You should sit down first, and let's talk about what happened in your meeting."

We sat on the edge of my queen size bed, and I started my story from the moment I entered his Highness' office. Clarissa just nodded as if it were the most normal thing happening in the entire history.

"You what?" she wrinkled her forehead, but shock could view of her face.

"I slapped him," fear, embarrassment and depression mixed in my tune.

She clapped her hands thrice and held my shoulder, "You're the best!" she exclaimed, "I wish I were there, seeing that bastard's face after your hand reached his handsome face!"

"You're still happy?" I sighed, "He will fire me!"

"No, he won't fire you," she assured, "I bet all my money for that."

"If he will fire me, give me your money."

"Oh sure," she smiled, "You know what, you are the only girl who hurt him physically. I'm a nagger, but I can't put my hands on him. I wish I can, but now, you're here to do that. Thank you."

"If ever he will forgive me, I won't hurt him again."

"What?!" she grimaced, "For sure, he will seduce you more and more until you permit him to do his expertise with you. If I were you, just slap or punch him."

"You sure that's okay?"

"Yes, at least his pride will go down three levels." She winked. "By the way we have a Monday bar night out here. You want to join us?"

"Is it always Friday?"

"No, we don't want Friday because a lot of people go to bars that day. So we do it every Monday."

"How about the hung over?"

"We can manage."

-----

Once we stepped inside the bar, loud music echoed in my eardrum. I almost covered my ears to protect it from exploding. The smell of beer, smoke, sweat, and perfume made its way to my nose, and I felt dizzy before we could sit at the nearest vacant table.

Clarissa sat on my left, while Katherine is in my right. Next to her was her former best friend, Jackie who had a blossoming relationship with Felton, one of three personal accountant of King Gregory. Robert was flirting with anyone including Clarissa. With him were Leo and Clarence, who were both personal accountants of the King.