XIX

XIX

"Come in," I heard Prince Alexander's voice behind his office's door after I knocked. I opened it and saw him sitting on his swivel chair while reading a paper on his hand. He smiled when he recognized I was his guest for this noon.

Actually, I was always his guest every noon for the last five days after we returned to the palace from our trip to Brazil. Only Clarissa knew that the Prince and I went to Brazil together. The rest, they believed in the invented story that the Prince allowed me to visit my family in Chicago as a treat for my good performance in making his financial reports.

The first time my visitation happened, he ordered Clarissa to tell me that we had a meeting after lunch. I thought it was really a meeting about the different transactions for the month of October, and it turned out to be a coffee break.

He said to me that every noon, we should have always a coffee break together. Probably he wanted to learn more about me, which was the same with my reason I agreed with his proposition. However, I was a little scared that his feeling for me might go deeper until he could not escape anymore from it.

I did not tell him yet that I heard his confession on the island. I looked for the right time to discuss those things with him. Not now. Not tomorrow. Maybe in the near future.

We sat on the couch, side by side, while the hot coffees were on the center table. On the first day we started this, it was awkward to sit on this couch where I saw him with his mistress doing some miracles. However, I used to sit here as the days passed because of the things I learned about him every time we talked here.

He looked tired because of the happenings inside and outside the country. As a part of the government, he was one of those who administered it.

"Have you already sleep?" I asked him as I sipped my coffee.

He shook his head. "I've never slept since we came back," he yawned, "I wish we stayed there forever."

I was not sure if he wanted to stay there to escape his work, or, be with me. The latter was incredibly ambitious. Whatever he meant, there was a voice in the back of my mind chanting I also wanted to stay there with him forever. But I didn't give attention to that naughty voice.

I looked at my wristwatch to see the time. "You still have one hour before coming back to work. You can take a nap, you know."

"You're right," he said and lay down on the couch, putting his head on my lap, "Don't leave until I wake up, okay?"

"Wow, I'm not a pillow," I playfully told him.

"You're not, because you're beautiful," he grinned, looking at me and closed his eyes after a few seconds.

"Stop teasing me," I could not help but to smile in his cheesiness.

He wrapped his hand on my wrist and put my palm on his cheek. Unconsciously, I brushed his hair with my free hand until his breathing became even. He looked younger when he was sleeping. His face was peaceful and calm. I thought suddenly about having a future with him. What would it be?

I had no idea how long we were in that position, when someone burst into the office. She yelled, "Honey! Why are you not answering my call? I miss you..." she stopped when our gazes met.

She was a slender tall blonde woman who had the smallest waistline for the record. The dress she wore started from her cleavage and ended to her mid-thigh. Makeup covered her face, almost a clown style. Her stares were daggers and I knew she was already killing me in her mind, because the man she called 'honey' was lying on my lap.

"Who are you, bimbo?" she shouted. Her face was full of disbelief.

I gritted my teeth. All I wanted was removed the hair of this prostitute standing in front of me. How dare she was calling me a bimbo?