V

[A/N: Have you seen the Blood Moon? It was visible in our place and keep on reminding me about Saba. If anyone of you have read that book, Saba's adventure in Raging Star involves the Blood Moon. That series is one of my favorite series if you even care to know. This is my update anyway, enjoy reading!]

V

"This will be your office for your stay here," Clarissa showed me a large room composed of at least dozens of cubicles, each had a table, computer, drawer, swivel chair and other office necessities.

The first minute we had arrived at the Palace, being amazed was not enough to describe what I had felt. I thought it had no effect to me anymore because I had always browsed it in Internet or watched it on TV, but I had been wrong. I wanted to explore every wall, every floor, every ceiling. I wanted to see the rooms of those powerful people in the world. What were the scenes those every corner see that was hidden in public?

Many guards had inspected us when we had entered the main gate and the door of the palace. Maids were busy working, not even glanced on our way. I was waiting to meet one of the Royal family, who were hiding behind one of those doors I lost count.

"Who works here besides to me?" I asked as we walked toward a vacant table.

"Other accountants of the Royal family and other people who work for Palace's financing and budgeting," we stopped in front of a cubicle and she waved to an elderly man who sat there, "This is Robert Watson, the head accountant. He will guide you in your job," she smiled at the man who already standing and beaming to us, "Hey Rob, this is Shirley, Prince Alexander's new personal accountant."

"A new one huh," he grinned, "I wish you a good luck."

"Don't scare her," Clarissa clicked her tongue and we continued our walk.

"What does that mean?" I curiously questioned.

"He just teases you, you know."

We stopped in almost all the cubicles to know the strangers working there. I was no good at memorizing names so as we passed one or two tables, I already forgot the name of those people in the previous table. I smiled at them and never spoke because Clarissa held all the talking.

Finally, a vacant table showed in front of me. The window, where I could view a busy street of England was near to my new place. The rain outside was weaker than earlier.

"This is your table, I hope you get along with your co-workers," Clarissa said before leaving to give me time to appreciate my new place.

New place. Far away better than the place I had in my former job. The table was made of expensive mahogany covered with dark-brown paint. I laughed when I realized it had the same color with my long hair. A flat-screen computer in one side of the table, and a space enough for writing or stacking papers.

I sat on my swivel chair. Feeling every inch of its softness. Then, I clicked the mouse and the keyboard of the computer like practicing my job. I giggled when I noticed I looked crazy. I was so happy that I did not care if other people thought negative about me.

This was a dream come true!

"Hi!" someone spoke behind me and I turned around to see who she was. Her feminine accent was not a Brit. Her diction was solid, but fluent. An Asian girl stood in front of me and gave me a small smile.

"Hello?" I tried to respond normally, but it came out to be a question.

"I'm Katherine Lee," she put her hand near me.

"Shirley Woodman," I shook her hand for a moment.

She took her hand again and said, "It's lunch break, mind if you join us. Actually, only me, my friend over there," she pointed over her shoulder and I followed it to see an African-American girl spoke with an English man in more than friends matter. "She is Jackie, a good friend of mine, but these past few days, she and that guy, Felton, have a good understanding."