LII

LII

Clarissa Williams was too busy to sort all the papers in Prince Alexander's office that she did not notice His Highness entered the room through the connecting door. He sat on his swivel chair, but instead of reading the documents, he ruffled his hair with vexation. He shortly closed his eyes and that was the only time, his secretary became aware of his presence.

She was sitting on another table at the corner of the prince's office. It was located across the mini living area. She worked here if the prince was not around because she did not want to witness the Prince Alexander dirty work with his mistresses. That was the last thing she wanted to see in her lifetime. However, he had changed when Shirley Woodman entered the picture. No more women in this office, except for the first days of denial and Shirley Woodman herself of course.

When she finished arranging the important documents, she stood and brought it to the prince. She almost laughed when she saw the state of being of the great Prince Alexander. He looked haggard. Beyond haggard. She knew at the first sight that the man, she had under her supervision for the last fifteen years, had no proper sleep last night. She also knew the problem. Woman. It had happened years ago, but she concluded it was worse now than before.

He was either napping or composing himself when Clarissa ended the silence, "You're not in yourself, what happened to our dear Alexander?"

When he looked at the ceiling, there were tears brimmed in his eyes. His Adam's apple went up and down, and spoke, "I finally learned who brought the AMFA contract to my father."

Clarissa was momentarily shocked before gaining herself again and shrugged, "Who's the guilty? Do I know her?"

He nodded without bringing his head down, "Shirley," his tears aggressively flooded on his cheeks, "The woman I love most."

Her jaw fell down on the ground as she heard that name. The accountant could not be. She knew Shirley. The girl was too loyal to His Majesty that even her ethics being professional was gone just protect him. Shirley also suffered the consequence alone. All those news were too hard for her, but undoubtedly, she chose to hold it and did not point a finger to her husband.

"What do you think she did that?" She asked, tightly held the papers in her hand.

"Because she needs money for her father?" he did not hesitate to give this as his response, which made Clarissa fumed.

"Do you think she would do that for money?" She spat out and the prince finally looked at her. Questions raged on his face, but before he could say a word, Clarissa intercepted, "Do you really love her? If you do, you should know her better!"

He shook his head and whispered, "I don't get it, Clarissa."

"You're an idiot, that's why," she narrowed her gaze, "Shirley won't do horrible things like that if she was not deceived. I'm sure that your father pressure her or whatever. The king has a lot of eyes in this palace so he knew about you and AMFA before Shirley gave the evidence."

He paused, recalling what had just happened. He put his hand on his chest as though having a heart attack, "She wanted to explain."

She gritted her teeth, "Then, you did not listen to her, did you?"

When he slowly moved his head to the side, she quickly walked to his seat to punch him. However, soft knocks from the outside stopped her. The door opened and a woman entered elegantly. She scanned the room before landing on where Clarissa and Prince Alexander having a tension.