L

(A/N: Wow! 50th chapter is here! Thank you so much for still supporting this story despite of long hiatus last year. We're near for 100K reads! I'm so excited! I dedicate this chapter to the reader who always gives to comment to almost all the chapters since the first time I post this story here in wattpad @etevysz . I'm so grateful to have readers like you guys even though this story does not deserve a very supportive readers. I hope to see you in next update. GOD bless! Enjoy!)

L

I finished my work after three days with a call from my mom. I did not expect to have a call from Chicago at this moment because mom and I had talked at my lunch break.

She was always updating me about the progress of dad for the past days, which I was grateful. Despite he was still in Intensive Care Unit, he was now responding by moaning when someone talked to him. He could also opened his eyes, and some wires, as what Hana called them but it helped dad to survive, were also removed from him.

When I received my salary a couple of days ago, I sent it to them immediately including my savings and the money I received from the King when I gave that folder from Alexander. Compensation as what he had named it. I did not want to use that money because it felt wrong but I had no other choice.

Gladly, dad underwent to surgery yesterday and all my exhaustion in working was gone when I heard mom talked about the news. At least she sounded less miserable than the first she gave me the situation of dad.

Now, I wondered why she suddenly called. Nervousness and excitement stirred my emotion. I was only thinking of good news because enough for bad news. I had so much bad news the last seventy-two hours compare to my life before.

I got my bag and went out of the office when I answered her call. I put it on my ear then said hello.

Mom did not talk in a few seconds but I could her heavy breathing and I knew that she cried so much. My heart thumped faster and I panicked.

"Mom, what's wrong?" I could not hide the fear in my voice. There were many of what ifs swirling in my mind.

I reached the main stair of palace when mom started to talk from the other line. "Shirley, I don't know what to do anymore," she wept.

"Mom, mom, calm down," I used the stair on the first floor but I was in the mid-way when I said, "Mom, please tell me what's happening."

"Shirley, you're not the accountant in the tabloid, right?" My feet automatically stopped when I heard her. They already heard the news.

It was still an unnamed accountant of a prince since it went out to public, but it was too obvious to discern who really it was. Prince Alexander knew to be a scandal prince ever since so there would be no second thought that he was the prince involved. The people also connected this issue to the King's command of bringing Alexander to the headquarters of AMFA.

Even though it was somewhat related in different angles, I still could not believe that I was accuse to do it because I desperately needed the money. I could not believe Katherine who told the reporter about my father's situation. I had no freaking idea how that woman learned about it, but whoever behind this, I still felt the outraged growing every time I saw her. She betrayed me like a fool believing her that she was my friend.

I sobbed when our memories together made its way to my mind. The damage had been made. Too much. I did not know if I could forgive her someday after I conquer this issue.

"Mom," nothing entered my brain for a response to my mother. She was also too tired of bad news so I did not know if I could tell her all the facts behind that scandal.