5

"Sorry y/n it's gonna be a tight squeeze in my Beetle," Hayley says pointing to the yellow Volkswagon.

"It's no problem I'm just happy not to have to walk home," I say.

"Hey y/n if u want u can ride with me since I'm just driving myself," Tyson speaks up and gets out of the older blue Camero (if you have watched Vampire Diaries picture Damon's car) "Honestly you would help me not totally freak about performing tonight."

"Hey what about us! Ray is cramming us all in his Mom's Toyota! Where was our offer?" Frank whines. 

"I didn't want to have to figure out how to put a booster seat in my car," Tyson says smiling over to Frank. Frank fakes being upset for about 5 minutes until Tyson promises to buy his next pack of cigs for the "trauma"

"Well, seeing is how you all of a sudden have so much room Tyson; I'll be riding with you too," Gerard finally speaks up since his little blonde bomb went off. 

"No offense dude but why? I mean you guys really aren't going to be squished there are only four of you," Tyson says. Gerard moves closer to Tyson until he reaches up to slap his shoulder.

"Call it a change of scenery," Gerard says before coming over to the passenger side where I was standing. As he walks over I can't help my stare down at the window at my own reflection. Yes, he was just some kid in my class but the way he carries himself and the lack of interest in others make me feel lesser sometimes around him. 

"I hope you weren't hoping for the front seat sugar," Gerard says into my ear. I am still starring at myself in the mirror but now I can see Gerard standing behind me reaching for the door handle where my hand was gripping onto it. 

Gerard places his hand over mine making my heart race a million times more. He must notice my surprise when I see his mouth turn to a smirk through the window. He and I step back so the door doesn't hit us and he lifts the seat up for me to hop in. I suddenly remember that i am wearing a skirt and my cheeks start to redden.

"Don't worry sugar. If I see something I haven't seen before I'll throw a twenty at it," Gerad says looking down at me while resting his chin on top of the door. 

"I'll double your bet!" Frank yells running over. 

"Frank fuck off go with Ray or you'll be walking home," Gerard says looking toward Frank. I took the opportunity to hop in while his head was turned so it would be less awkward for me. 

"Prude," Gerard said under his breath.

"Hey, asshole I have ears. I'm not one of the obsessed groupies that would flash their chest at you" I say. 

"They do more than that," he says turning back to face me, "believe me."

"Gerard no one wants to know about your sexual encounter with the third kind man. I think that we should just listen to some tune. Y/n who do you listen to?"Tyson says looking at me through the back mirror. I meet his gaze and he gives me a kind smile. This guy really doesn't have a single flaw besides Maddy. 

"I like the Misfits, Metallica, Led Zepplin, Radiohead, some other shit but I have been listening to them a lot recently," I say looking out the window. 

"I think that you will fit in nicely with us then," Tyson says winking as he throws a cassette in. 

Kashmir by Led Zepplin starts playing and I am still staring out the window till we finally arrived at my house. We only live 5 minutes away and it's an 8-minute song so we didn't even get to finish much to my disappointment. 

"Thanks for the ride Tyson. Good luck tonight if I don't see you" I say walking toward my side of the street.

"Anytime y/n and no need because you'll be there," Tyson says sending a smile my way. Gerard lets out a fake laugh as he exhales his freshly lit cig before turning toward his house to help everyone in the garage. 

-later-

I was laying in bed for about three hours procrastinating making the decision to go tonight or not. I don't actually have to ask my dad because I can just say I'm going to go sleep at Hayley's and he wouldn't even think twice. I know it's not "right" to lie to your parents but what they don't know won't kill them. 

Hayley 🎃: So what did your dad say

y/n: I am talking to him right now hold up.

Hayley 🎃: I cried when Rose realized Jack died too. Good thing you have tissues on your nightstand. 

y/n:....

y/n: how long have you been looking through my window

Hayley 🎃: since I knew you were lying about asking.

y/n: where are you i don't see you in the street

"right here," Hayley says in my doorway. 

"Christ sake! you can't just break into my house like that Hayley!" I scream at her. Not really from anger more from 'what are you doing in my house'

"Shut up. Not get your ass up we are getting you ready for tonight," Hayley says rummaging through my closet. 

I decide not to argue with her and go take a shower and let her pick out my outfit. At least she is doing all the grunt work, picking out an outfit that you like is the worst part of getting ready.

I come back out to see an outfit laid out on my bed. She put my platform black Docs, leather pants, fishnets that I turned into a shirt, and a vintage Misfits shirt that was my dad's. 

"Now... for hair...." Hayley says behind me looking through my vanity at me, "straight or rocker?"

"Do I really have a choice?"

"Rocket it is," Hayley says getting the crimper. 

A/N: Sorry this is kind of a boring chapter. I like longer books so I think I will make this one long too. I am unsure of how long it's going to be but don't worry the next one will have the party in it....well....some of the party ;)