ten

I don't know why I'm sitting here. Maybe I can have a chance to get up and leave before he shows.

I messaged Colby back, and he wanted to meet at a coffee shop. And here I am. Stupidly waiting for him.

I talked to Jeff about it, and he said that since they didn't need me at the moment, I could go.

It's currently ten thirty-five and he told me he would be here five minutes ago. As I sit there and wait, I sip on my coffee.

I haven't talked to Colby in two months. As I'm about to get up and leave, the door opens causing the bell above it to chime.

My heart rate picks up knowing he's scanning the room. When our eyes meet, I could see him take a deep breath.

He sticks his hands in his pockets as he walked towards me.

"Hey, thanks for meeting with me." He spoke softly. He sat in front of me while I watch him.

He seems so different than when I last saw him. "I'm surprised you're not doing your show." I admit to him.

He looked surprised to know that I know he's on tour.

"It doesn't start until four." He explains to me. I didn't know what to say so I just took a sip of my coffee.

I could tell he was nervous. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry." He blurted out.

I looked into his ocean blue eyes. They had sadness written all over them.

"Sorry for what? Breaking up with me?" I ask harshly. I could see him lean back a little.

"It was a mistake and I realized it right after you left." I shake my head. I shouldn't have came here.

But he's lucky we're in public. I just take a deep breath while looking away.

"I don't think I can do this." I whisper to him. He looks at me with sadden eyes.

As I'm about to stand up and leave, he grabs my hand.

I snap my head to it and then look at him. He removes his hand while looking at me.

"Can you just trust me, please?" He basically begged. I looked at him like he was crazy.

Because how could I trust him? "I can't trust anyone other than Dylan and Ashton." I admit to him.

"Why? Because the one person who turned on me, turned on me." I say talking about him.

I guess he noticed because I could see the tears in his eyes.

"The one person who I thought would never hurt me, hurt me." Seeing him and talking to him is bringing back these memories that I shoved away.

"The one person I thought would never leave me, left me." My voice was broke at the end of that sentence.

I blinked away my tears as I looked at him. "So tell me why should I trust you?" I ask harshly.

I know he just wants to talk. But he broke my heart. He sat there and took it. "Would you just let me explain?" I sigh as I lean back.

I might as well. I nod my head while he thinks about what he's going to say.

"I didn't know what I was thinking about whenever I did what I did." He started out.

"I was so terrified of being away from you for four months that I wasn't thinking clearly." He admits to me.

He sniffles and wipes away a tear. He looks like he's a to say something and visibly shakes it away.

"You don't have to forgive me. I just want you to know I'm sorry, for everything." I could tell he meant it.