twenty-four

Thanksgiving went really well. I spent half the day with my family and I spent the other half with Colby and his family.

It was honestly really fun. When I told my parents I was going over to Colby's, they looked at me suspiciously.

Of course they asked if we were back together, and I had to explain how we were just friends.

He really wanted me to come over, even though he tries to say it's his parents that wanted me to come over.

I could tell Colby was upset when they had to fly back home. I was currently over at Colby's, hanging out with him.

Most of everyone else was busy. Tara and Jake were having a date night.

Cody was busy with Dylan at the gym. Silas and Nate were tried from training all day.

Erica was busy with studying for exams and Liza was visiting with family.

Everyone was doing their own thing. It nice to just have a chill day with Colby.

We were so comfortable with each other's company, we didn't have to always be doing something.

We could just sit in silence and scroll through our phones and it'll be a decent day.

"Stella." He spoke up. I sit up from the couch to look at him.

He was laying on his back, staring up at the ceiling. I could tell he was thinking about something.

"You okay?" I ask looking at him. He turned over to me. "You know how we made ground rules?" I nodded while remembering.

When we first started hanging out again, he suggested on making ground rules so we can't fall for each other again.

I was looking at him confused. I had no idea where he was going with this.

"What if I wanna break the rules?" Is he talking about what I think he's talking about?

I can feel my heart rate pick up as he sat up on his elbows.

"What do you mean?" I ask slowly. I had to have clarification.

If I'm right, then he's saying he wants to break the rules and get back together.

I've been thinking about what everyone's been telling me. And I do think I still have feelings for Colby.

Whoever said you can't be friends with your ex, was completely right.

At least in my case. I think Silas and Dylan were right.

And I can't push away my feelings for him. I didn't see it at first, but Dylan was right.

My feelings came back for him when I bailed him out of jail.

But maybe they never left. It's weird. My heart races whenever he comes through the door.

He makes me laugh without trying. I'm always finding ways to make him happy and vice versa.

"This friend thing isn't working, Stella. I know I'm putting myself on the line but damnit, I never stopped loving you." I could feel myself smiling.

I was not expecting this to happen. "You don't have to say anything, but know that I'm always going to love you." He admitted.

I went over to him and laid next to him on the bed. I looked into his ocean blue eyes deeply.

I can always tell when he's being sincere. "What if I told you I never stopped either." I say in barely a whisper.

I could see him smiling a little bit too. He took a piece of my hair and tucked it behind my ear.

I know Colby was the one when I realized how I naturally clicked with him. We never had an awkward moment.

It was always easy with him. "What happens now?" He asked wondering.

"We could start talking again." I suggest. I could see a flicker in his eyes.

"I would like that." He rasped towards me. I then started smirking as I got an idea.

As I told him, he was smiling widely. My plan was to start talking again.

But not tell anyone. He told me how people were treating him the same.

That I still have feelings and he needs to make a move. They all could tell we wanted to get back together so they're trying to push us back together.

We both think it'll be good to keep it to ourselves, have our own secret. We also said we wanted to take things slow.

We still have time so I didn't want rush anything. For the rest of the night, we hung out and watched a movie together.

When I walked out, he told me goodbye and he kissed my temple.

I drove back to my apartment, listening to music. As I drove, I got a call from Erica.

I quickly answer it to see if she was okay. "What are you doing tomorrow?" She asked straight to the point.

I try to think about it and nothing comes up. "I don't think anything. Why?" I ask curiously.

I try to pay attention to the road. "I think we were wanting to have a girls day tomorrow if you wanna join us." I smiled.

I can't remember the last time we had a girls day. "I'm totally down for it." I could hear her squeal a little bit.

I tell her to text in the group chat and tell them they can come and meet at my apartment.

We won't have anyone bothering us so it'll be good. We talk for a minute or two and then get off the phone.

I get to my apartment and I went to my room. I text Colby to let him know I got home okay. As I lay on my bed, I think about everything.

The end of the year is coming up soon so I'm thinking about everything that happened this year.

I went to makeup school and graduated from that school. I went to Atlanta for over three months and met amazing people.

I met people like Dylan Sprayberry, Tyler Posey, and Dylan O'Brien. While filming I flew to Nebraska and bailed the duo out of jail.

I sprained my ankle in the beginning of the year and got dumped. I'm now secretly talking to the the same guy.

It's crazy all the things that happened during the year. A year of new chances and heartbreak.

I'm just happy to have the group of friends that I do. They're all super supportive on whatever I do.

It's been a strange crazy year all around. Back on Valentines Day, I never thought Colby would've dumped me.

In July, I never thought we would be friends again. But here we are. I seriously think he's my soulmate.

No ones gotten me like he has. Even after breaking up, we find a way back to each other.

Everyone is right, I'm a lot happier with him than without. And he was right in his song because I was feeling the same.

Without Colby, I'm half hearted.