nineteen

I was currently at the townhouse, apartment searching. It's my first time being able to rest after the past couple of days.

I flew in four days ago, and the day after Silas, Nate, Erica, and myself did our tradition. We ate out and went to a haunted attraction.

I can't believe I'm twenty-two now. This has been the craziest year of my life. Yesterday I went to lunch with my parents.

And today, I've barely done anything. As I was sitting there, my phone started ringing. I look to see it was Colby.

He messaged me happy birthday right on midnight. It made me smile knowing that he remembered.

I answer and put it on speaker. "Hi, Colby." I speak. "Do you want to get coffee or something?" He asked straight to the point.

"Get coffee at almost ten pm?" I ask with a little laughter. "You don't have to, I just figured we could hang out." I know he's been bored.

I sigh as I close my laptop. "I can come over in twenty minutes." I tell him.

We get off the phone as I look around. I was home alone. Erica was studying with a group, Silas and Nate are with the Dodgers, and Ashton's at the gym.

I put shoes on and grab my keys to head out. It was weird having my own car again.

I spent three and a half months sharing a car with Ashton. So it was nice having my own car back.

I haven't driven here in months, but I remember how to get here by memory. When I pull in, a lot of memories came flooding back.

The first one that came back was him breaking up with me. But there's a lot of good memories here.

And it triumphs it. I text him I was here, and he said I can come in. When I did, I look around.

Nothing's changed. I go up the familiar stairs and into his room.

He was sitting on his couch. He looked up and smiled at me. I lean against the door frame as I look at him.

I'll admit, he looked good. "Please, help me escape from this house." I agree so I drove him to Hollywood Boulevard.

I figured we could walk around. I realized this is our first time hanging out in a while.

I had my hands in my pockets as we walked. "You know, if we're gonna make this friend thing work, we have to establish rules."

I laugh a little but I go a long with it. "Some ground rules." I laugh. He looks at me with his blue eyes.

"Like that." I look at him weirdly. "Like what?" I ask confused. It was actually nice getting along with him.

"That laugh is off the table." I could tell he was being serious. "My laugh is off the table?" I keep my eyes on him as I walk.

"You gotta find a more annoying laugh." I tried my hardest to do a laugh that was annoying. And I think it worked.

But he was shaking his head. "That's still adorable." I looked at him in disbelief as he shook his head.

"That was not adorable." I defend myself. With the way he was looking at me, I spoke up.

"Okay I have a ground rule. Don't give me the puppy dog eyes." Right as I said it, he did it.

I rolled my eyes as I looked away. We talked about ground rules for a little bit, but I got distracted with slushies.

We both get one and start walking again. "You miss being on set?" He asked curious. I sigh as I think about it.

"I really do. Everyone there was super sweet." I tell him. I couldn't help but not talk about it.

It was for three and a half months of my life. "I'm the type of person who's always running doing something." I start.

"So it felt good running around and always doing something. So now I don't really know what to do." I explain to him.

He was quiet as I spoke. That's one thing I always like about him, he always listens.

"I understand though. Especially since I can't do much right now." We're kinda in the same boat right now.

We were silent for a moment. "I wanna thank you for bailing me and Sam out of jail." I look up at him.

He was being sincere. "Don't worry about it. I'm glad to help." I smile towards him.

Silence for another minute. But my phone ringing caught me off guard. It was Silas so I answered.

"Hey, where are you?" He asked when I answered. "I'm with Colby." I say nonchalantly. I told him, Nate, and Silas about me bailing them out.

"Okay, thought you got kidnapped for a moment." Him and Nate were just checking on me.

We shared a goodbye and hung up the phone. "You wanna watch a movie?" He asked hopefully.

I was going to stay up anyway. So we went back to his house. When we walk in, Kat and Sam were in the kitchen.

They gave us a knowing look as we walk past. We go up to his room and I sit on his couch.

"What did you want to watch?" I ask as he sat next to me. He made sure to put some distance between us.

He puts on a random movie as we hang out. "What were you going to do for Halloween?" He asked speaking up.

"I honestly haven't thought about it. What about you guys?" I ask him. He took a deep breath.

"We were thinking about throwing a party if you want to come." He suggested.

I do miss their parties. I can't remember the last one I went to. "That actually sounds like fun." I admit to him.

"If you want, you can invite everyone." I give him a sad look while looking down. Last Halloween, we admitted our feelings.

"I do miss all of us hanging out." I pout. I started playing with my fingers.

I look up at him. He still had hope on his face. "Well, hopefully they would come. I miss it too." 

"Didn't you black out Halloween party?" I laugh at the memory.

I had blacked out at the party and jumped into the pool. The water instantly brought me back to reality.

That was a good party honestly. I feel like everyone enjoyed themselves.

"That party was badass." We then started talking about different parties we've thrown.

I've honestly had the best times at Colby's parties. And for this one, I was going to go all out.

"We should have a costume contest." He looked totally into it. So he called Sam into his room so we could tell him.

He waltz in with a confused look on his face. We tell him our idea and he agrees to it.

We decided that we could do a single contest, group contest, and a duo contest.

"Make sure you post it on your private snap so everyone knows." Colby reminded Sam as he walked out.

They have a private snap with all their close friends on it so they can still post shit without fans being on it.

I understand why they do it. "So, you gonna tell me what you're dressing up as?" Colby asked with a smirk on his face.

Even though I had no idea just yet, I wasn't going to let him know just yet.

"You'll have to wait to see." I smirked towards him. This was going to be fun.

And I couldn't wait.