twenty-two

I was out with Ashton, Cody, and Dylan. We've been back home for a month and this is our first time getting to hang out.

We were having lunch at Applebees and we were waiting for our food.

"How are you and Erica?" I ask looking at Dylan. I know they've been hanging a lot recently.

His face turned red as he sipped on his drink. He sit it down as we all look at him.

"We're doing well. I might ask her out soon." He admitted.

Most people would think it's weird that their ex crush now likes their best friend.

But once Colby came back into my life, he was a main priority.

I just want them both happy. "I'm happy for you, dude." I smile genuinely towards him.

It was silent for a moment. "I'm gonna use the bathroom before eating." Cody spoke up.

When he did, Ashton followed him, leaving us two alone.

He looked at me softly. "I hope it's okay, if I ask her out." I looked at him like he was crazy.

"Of course it's okay, why wouldn't it be?" I ask as he sips on his drink again.

"Cause of me having small feelings for you during filming." He admitted. I already knew he had feelings.

I just never knew why he stopped having those feelings. "What made you realize that you didn't like me anymore?" I wasn't upset.

I was just curious. He took a deep breath. "I saw the way you acted when Colby got arrested. And I put two and two together." I looked at him confused.

"What'd you put together?" I wanted to know what it was. "That you're still in love with Colby." I suck in a breath.

I shake my head while looking away from him. "I'm not in love with Colby." I try to tell him. He gave me a look, telling me to stop talking.

"I wouldn't leave my job in the middle of the night to bail my ex out of jail when he's halfway across the country just because." He points out.

He did have a point. No one else would do that for an ex that dumped them.

I just lean back in my chair, sipping on my drink. "See, you need to do something about it." I shake my head towards him.

"I wanna take things slow, just in case." I inform him. He nods his head like he understands.

The other two boys come back right when we get our food.

It was really nice getting to hang out with the three again. It's definitely weird not seeing them everyday.

It's still a little weird not waking up at four in the morning every morning. I forgot how good it felt to sleep in.

As we finish, Colby asked if I could come over. I naturally said yes so when we got done, I drove over to his house.

He was up in his room and I could tell the vibes were off. He had his face buried deep in his pillow. "Colby? Are you okay?" I ask.

He moves his head so he could look at me. "I'm fucking pissed." I know how to calm him down.

I gently sit on the bed and look at him as he looks at me. "You wanna talk about it?" I ask hoping he would say yes.

"My attorney says he doesn't want Sam and I to travel out of California so we can't see our parents for thanksgiving." He pouts.

I can feel what Colby's feeling and it absolutely sucks. I can tell he wants to cry but doesn't want to let it out.

I lay down so I can look at his face better. I frown as he does the same.