twenty-three

Kat and I were on the way to the airport. We had to get separate cars so we could get everyone.

Sam and Colby's family should be flying in soon and I'm super excited. It's been a year since I've seen them and I was nervous as well.

I think I was more nervous the first time, but it's different since we broke up. When I talked to Lesa on the phone, she didn't judge.

Colby knows somethings up. I've been checking my phone all day for a text.

I'm sure he thinks I'm talking to some guy. Every time I check my phone, he gets all weird.

He'll know soon though. I told him that I was having a girls lunch with Tara, Liza, and Erica but that's not the case.

As we get closer, the more nervous I'm getting. When we arrive, we park our car where we should and get out.

"Have you heard from Sam's parents?" I ask walking over towards her.

She shook her head. She'll have one more person in her car than me.

I'll just have Lesa, Layne, and Colby's brother Gage. I don't know who's staying where yet but we have time.

As we stand against our cars talking and waiting, we get a message. They just landed.

"Is Sam suspicious of anything?" I ask her as she shakes her head. She asks if Colby is and I grimace.

"I think he thinks I've met someone cause I kept checking my phone today." I admit to her.

She sighs as we wait. About twenty minutes later, we see the group walking towards us.

I know it's not their ideal thanksgiving, but I'm so happy they could come.

I hug Colby's family and introduce myself to Sam's. I've heard a lot about his family.

I help putting their stuff in my trunk and we all pile into the car.

We were going to meet up at the boys house since they're both there.

"I'm really happy you guys could come." I smile when I start the car.

Lesa was sitting next to me while the boys sat in the back.

"Thank you again for planning this. We really appreciate it." She smiled towards me.

We talked the whole way there. I talked to them what filming was like and how Colby's been handling the whole situation of being arrested again.

"Weren't you the one who bailed them out?" Gage asked. My hands tighten on the steering wheel.

"Yeah, luckily I had just got done with work." I remember back.

I still can't believe I did that. It was probably the craziest two days of my life.

I glance at Lesa to see she was looking at me softly. When I get the boys house, Kat follows right behind me.

They should be in their rooms so I tell them the plan. We were going to bring them to the living room quietly and call them down.

They were going to come downstairs to see their families and hopefully, cry.

I told them I could bring their stuff in later so they don't have to worry about it.

We all walk inside quietly while we call them down. "Sam! Colby!" I yell loudly.

I don't hear anything so I tell them to wait there. I jog upstairs so I can get them. I open Colby's door to see he was sitting on his couch.

He turned to me and smiled. "Hey, how was lunch with the girls?" He questioned.