Chapter 17

Sophia stopped in her tracks. It was the same flower and the same words that Collin had said in her dream. She turned her head, glancing at Collin before sitting down and re-reading the note again. Her heart melted as she looked at the flower again. He knew exactly what she wanted, and he knew exactly how to make her happy.

She almost turned around again to look at Collin, but Mrs. Wall started class before she could. Sophia sighed and looked at the whiteboard, which had seven different equations on it. She got out her notebook and started to write down the equations. The rest of class was a similar story, writing notes and trying not to think about Collin, her love, that sat behind her.

Eventually, class was over and Sophia rushed out of the room and out of the school. She practically ran to her bike and flew home. When she got to her house, she almost went inside, but then decided to go to her fort and look at the flower again.

She trekked through the grass to her fort and sat down. She took the flower out of her backpack and stared at it for a solid ten minutes. Then she heard footsteps. She hid the flower behind her back and spun around. Luckily, it was only Collin who came to find her. "Hi," he said.

"Hey," she said cooly.

"What are you hiding behind your back?"

"Oh!" She pulled the flower into view. "I was hiding it because I thought that it was my mom who was coming over."

"That makes sense, I guess," Collin said.

"Well, um, would you like to come in."

"Thank you, my lady."

Sophia rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. Collin entered and sat down next to her. Sophia scooted over to him and rested her head on his shoulder. "Do you like the flower?" Collin asked.

"Are you kidding?" Sophia responded. "It's beautiful."

"Almost as beautiful as you," Collin said.

Sophia gasped. He did it again. He had said something that was in her dream.

"Sophia, are you okay?" Collin asked concernedly.

"Fine," she replied dreamily.

"Do you want to study for the biology test?"

Sophia looked at him. "Not really," she said.

"Oh boy," Collin thought. "I know what you're thinking, Sophia."

"What am I thinking, Collin?"

"Not happening."

Sophia pouted.

"Oh, no you don't." Collin looked away. Then he looked back at her. She was still doing her adorable puppy eyes.

"Study first," he said, unwilling to waver. "You remember what happened yesterday."

Sophia sighed. "I guess you're right." She opened her homework and the two began to study side by side.