Chapter 38

"Who goes th-" He stopped mid-sentence, noticing who was creating the shadow. "Sophia, is that you?" Collin asked in awe.

Standing in a tree, bathed in the moonlight, she looked like a warrior. The light turned her red-brown hair silver and brought out the amber flecks of gold in her eyes.

"Sophia, you loo- I can't even describe it. You look like an angel." Collin said, staring at the beautiful person in front of him.

"No I don't, also, are you OK? I saw you trip, so I rushed over here." Sophia said, jumping down from the tree and crouching down next to Collin.

Collin looks meekly at Sophia, "Ah right, I'm OK don't worry about me." He continues, "If anything, you should be worried about yourself."

Sophia looks smugly above him, "Why would I-" Sophia is interrupted by Collin pulling her down to his level.

"That's why."

Sophia looks at Collin, the one who caught her heart for good. And, right now, has caught her despite her efforts. Regardless, he looked stunning for what he has managed despite his situation.

She thought, "Always expect the un-" Even before Sophia could finish that thought, he kissed her suddenly. Collin puts his knee down to bring her closer and over the moonlight, they kissed once more.

After what seemed like an eternity, he breaks away, "So, what was it about being really doubtful of me catching you?"

"I never doubted one bit."