Chapter 33

Collin immediately rushed over to her and held her.

"Are you okay?"

"Jackson was right. This is all my fault. He probably dropped so many hints that he liked me and how do I repay him? I ignore him and this just makes him angry and hurt. That's why he did this. It was payback for my stupidity. I'm such an idiot-"

"Sophia!"

"You know I'm right! If it weren't for me, Jackson would never have split us up!"

"Sophia, you're ridiculously so wrong I want to smack you. If it weren't for you, we probably wouldn't be dating right now."

Sophia sniffed. "But-"

"No buts, Miss. This is not your fault. None of it is."

"But-"

Then Collin kissed her. Long and hard with a fiery passion to tell her how sorry he was for thinking that she had written that note. He kissed her to show her how much he loved her. He kissed her, never wanting to let her go again.

Suddenly, he let go of her, afraid that she might be mad at him for doubting her. As soon as he did though, Sophia pulled him back in. She wanted to show him that she forgave him. She wanted him to know that she loved him just as much as he loved her. The two embraced, never wanting that moment to end. Sophia then backed away, blushing hard.

Both Sophia and Collin sat down on the ground next to each other. Sophia put her head on Collin's shoulder and Collin began to stroke her hair.

"I love you," they both said at once. Then they laughed.

"Jinx," Collin said. "You owe me something."

"Hmmm," Sophia said slyly. "And what would that be?"

"Meet me in the woods near your house later tonight and I'll tell you."

"My parents will ground me for a month for sneaking out!"

"I promise to make it worth your while," Collin said with a smile.

Then, the two walked off in separate directions, Sophia still bright red and Collin still grinning from ear to ear.