Chapter 25

Sophia bikes to school today, excited. Mainly because Collin had a surprise! I wonder what it could be... Nevertheless, she'd find out during lunch! She goes to school and awaits for Collin to come.

Soon enough, he comes with his dad in the red Jeep. Collin frowns, oddly enough, at Sophia. She waves back, and Collin nods.

"Hey, Collin..."

Collin passes Sophia, giving her the cold shoulder." I have to get to class ASAP today. See ya." Collin dashes off leaving Sophia alone.

Odd... Wonder what's wrong with Collin today. Whatever, let's get to class and talk about it. Sophia gets onto Zoom and chats to Collin about what's wrong. The chat beforehand was empty, like it should be.

"Sophia! What the hell happened!?!!" Miranda DMs her.

"What are you talking about??"

"I'm talking about how you broke up with Collin. Are you serious! Why did you do it!?! You were perfect together!"

Sophia immediately looks in shock and replies, "No I didn't!"

"Collin told me. He said that you have feelings for Jackson."

"Collin is obviously lying to you. I did not break up with him, NOR DO I HAVE FEELINGS FOR JACKSON!"

"Then why did he tell me this and why does he look so sad?

"Are you serious?"

"Dead serious. I hope this is all a mistake. And if it is, you better fix it right now or Collin may never forgive you. I gtg. TTYL."

Collin still hasn't responded, probably busy in his class. Sophia then realizes something, that's why Collin acted like that, we b-broke up?! She immediately deletes the message that she sent to Collin. Talk to Collin.

For the rest of the school day, Sophia tries to get Collin by himself to sort things out. But, Collin either ignores her in reality and virtually, simply says hello and moves on, or is talking with Royce.

She decided that since she couldn't get him alone, that she would just leave things alone for the time being. Even if it is dire, she'll need to come up with a plan of attack first. As she was walking to Biology, Miranda and Natalie fell in step beside her.

"Sophia, what happened yesterday with you and Collin?" Miranda asks.

"I don't know... Nothing did."

"Oh really? Nothing huh?" Miranda retorts accusingly.

"We already know, something did happen," Natalie added.

"So what happened?" They both exclaimed.

Sophia sighs, "Nothing!"

"Wrong! Collin broke up with you for a reason... Or you did," Miranda says confused.

"Word is travelling fast, you better explain yourself." Natalie continues.

"Ho- I didn't! I did not break up with Collin!" Her heartbeat quickens, she has a trillion questions and is being interrogated by them. Anxiety builds.

Miranda asks, "Then, what did you do?"

"I was asleep."

Natalie and Miranda look at Sophia confused. Could it be that Collin was lying to them all along?

Natalie states, "We'll figure this out later on. Go to your class and we'll talk there."

Natalie and Miranda leave Sophia alone, giving her breathing space once again.

What now? Collin will be in my Bio class... And, everything...