Chapter 35

"Woah, Collin! What do you think you're doing?"

"I promise, this isn't what you're thinking. I just wanted to show you how sorry I am."

Then Collin opened a small jewelry box that he was hiding. Inside was one of the most beautiful necklaces that Sophia had ever seen. It was a simple silver chain, with a pendant depicting two dragons circling each other.

"Wow," she breathed. "It's beautiful."

"I had it made just for you. I hope you like it," Collin said sheepishly.

"Are you kidding! It's amazing!"

Then Collin took the necklace, walked behind Sophia, and draped it over her neck. As soon as the clip was fastened, Sophia turned around and hugged him.

"Thank you," she whispered.

Then, she kissed him. She kissed him with a passion. Collin kissed her back with the same amount of passion. They stayed like that for a couple of minutes. Then, Collin broke the kiss.

Collin stroked Sophia's hair again, making her feel sleepy. She yawned.

"Oh, I should probably get you home. It's quite late," Collin said.

"That's a good idea."

Collin pulled Sophia up and he escorted her all the way to her bedroom window. Sophia kissed him goodnight before ascending her blanket rope and climbing into her bedroom. Then Collin ran off into the night, on his way to sleep and warmth.