Chapter 40

Sophia returned Collin's kiss with an equal amount of passion. Then, she broke the kiss and pushed Collin down onto the ground. She moved so that she was laying beside him and they were looking at each other.

"You had better not ask what that was for." Sophia warned, her eyes sparkling.

He looks back, "Y'know, your eyes are sparkling," looking up towards the clear sky, "just like the stars..."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Take it literally. It's quite beautiful you know. 'It' as in your eyes." He smiles gleefully, resting his hand behind his head.

"Hmm... I don't know what to say to that."

"Don't have to, just look at the stars! They're so pretty... Especially since it's late now."

"Yes, yes they are, but so what?"

He sighs, "They're just nice. But, I suppose it cannot compare to that one time I saw a gleaming star."

"Hmm... Cool, I guess."

"You're calling yourself cool? Lame!" He laughs.

"Hmph!" Sophia rolls over so her back is to Collin.

"You're not just 'cool', you're hm... Wondrous? Breath-taking? Awe-inspiring? Grr... Heh, my lover. That's beyond cool misses."

"Cool."

He looks back at the stars, "Your back is cool."

"Well, that was unexpected."

Collin continues, "Hmm.. You know what, your back is so cool, I think it's rather pretty with the shirt you're wearing right now. Daresay, I think your karate has 'paid' off due to how elegant your back looks. I must thank you for showing your back to me..."

"You know, you are really annoying at times."

Satirically, "You too, you know?"

"Wow, thanks."

"I agree, thank you."

"Wait, why are we doing this?"

"You're doing something I would do."

"Come on!"

Collin looked puzzled, then realized what she obviously meant. He rolled over and hugged Sophia facing towards her.

"I did."

"That is not what I meant."

"Really?"

"Yes really."

"Then answer me this, what did you mean? Maybe?!"

"I am not telling you."

"Ok, 'maybe' you will."

"Nah, I don't think so."

Collin chuckles, "Yeah, ok, you know you're really being so annoying that the stars are outshining you, hehe..."

"Meh, don't really care."

"Hmph."

"What?"

Collin remains silent and hugs Sophia tighter.

"I am going to move if you don't tell me."

"I did already tell... Or maybe I didn't."

"That's my catchphrase!"

"Eh, whatever."

"No, it's not whatever!"

"I mean, that's cool but, I don't really care."

Define FriendsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara