Chapter 3

CHAPTER THREE

LEAH'S POV

Putting the last of my makeup on, I wonder if Damien understands this isn't a date. I can't date my boss, especially one who's just hired me, but I have a feeling he may be taking this as a date.

Glancing over at the clock I see it's already six fifty-five pm. "Okay, If Damien is anything, he is most likely always on time," I say to myself just as the doorbell rings.

"Shit! Okay, I can do this." I give myself a quick pep talk. "He's going to be your boss, no silly behaviour, Leah," I tell myself in the mirror as I straighten out my well fitted red satin dress. He sure is good looking though, which makes it harder to stay away for sure.

Making my way to the door, I open it up to see someone I don't know standing on my front porch.

"Hello?" I say, kind of quizzing them at the same time.

"Hi, Miss Williams. I'm Mr. Caldwell's driver. We have come to pick you up." He states.

Staring at him blankly. "Okay, if he's in the car, why didn't he come to the door?" I say rolling my eyes.

The man just smiles at me and leads me outside, before leaning closer to me and saying, "Mr Caldwell likes the bratty ones."

I look up at the man confused. "Excuse me, I'm a grown woman. I'm no brat, Thank you very much."

He starts laughing as he opens the car door for me. Sliding in the backseat I see Damien as the driver looks at him. "She's an innocent one, Sir. Don't know if she can handle it."

I scoff at him as Damien laughs and I notice his canine teeth are sharpened, like a vampire. "It's not like that, she's my new PA alongside Maria. Maria was meant to be joining us tonight but unfortunately couldn't."

Being satisfied with that answer the driver jumps in the front, putting up the divider of the SUV.

I whip my head to look at Damien, "Um, why did your driver call me a brat? And why did he say you like them? I don't understand."

Is he smiling at me? Is he fucking smiling at me? "Did I say something that amuses you, Mr Caldwell?"

"We aren't at the office, you can call me Damien." He replies, not answering my question.

"No, thank you. I'd like to keep it professional." I now notice just how handsome he is in his black suit which is paired with a red button-up shirt and black tie, accompanied with black suspenders. It should be illegal how good he looks - he's making my knees weak. Damien continues to smirk at me like he knows what he's doing to my body.

"You're staring at me, Leah. Is there something you want to say?" He asks in a husky voice while raising an eyebrow at me.

I shake my head at him. I can't let him know the effect he has on me with just one look.

Sitting in silence for the rest of the car ride was awkward to say the least. That isn't to say I wasn't aware of the constant glances from Damien, heating my skin as I continue to look out the window with nervous tension.

Pulling into the restaurant carpark, Damien gets out while the driver opens the door for me.

Following, I see Damien standing there, arm out ready for me to loop mine through. He's being such a gentleman, I wonder if he's always like this? I think to myself as I take what he's offered me.

Walking through the front door, I hear Damien talking to the waitress. Looking around the restaurant, I see that the eyes of all the women are focused on me... or is it Damien. I realise it is definitely me when I notice their faces all wearing the same look of disgust, their disdain not even hidden in the slightest.

Damien walks up behind me and wraps his arm around my waist, whispering in my ear. "They are jealous of you. You are beautiful, Leah."

I straighten up, as I assist Damien in removing his hand from me, "This is business, Mr Caldwell. You can remove your arm now." I want him to leave it there, though I can't let him know that. Maybe he could slowly run his hands down my sides, stopping on my hips and gripping them tightly in his big, strong hands. What the hell am I thinking? This is my new boss! My new boss that's hot as fuck. Stop it, Leah! I was so in my own world I hadn't noticed that the waitress had led us to our reserved table.

Seeing Damien pull a chair out from the table, I give him a small smile and sit. I watch as he walks around to the other side and lowers in his own chair. Glancing over at me he notices I'm checking him out. Damien gives me this smouldering look and instantly I'm turned on and regretting wearing such minimal lingerie for the night.

Clearing my throat to break the tension, I grab the menu off the table and start to look it over. Holy shit! I can't afford this! This dinner is going to take all my savings.

Like he can read my mind, Damien speaks, "Order whatever you want, Leah. This is a business meeting after all, the company will cover it." He winks devilishly as our eyes meet. "So tell me. Did you know who I was when we met in the cafe?"

Taking a sip of my water, I look up at him and shake my head. "No, I had no idea until I walked into your office. I thought you were just some gentleman swooping in to save the lady." I smile at him.

Damien laughs, "I'm far from a gentleman, Leah. If only you knew the things I'd like to do to you right now in front of all these pompous diners."

My eyes widened at his words. "What are you suggesting, Mr Caldwell?"

Damien throws his head back and laughs, "I'm implying what you are probably thinking, Leah. I would have to be blind or ignorant not to notice how attractive you are." I go to cut him off, but he holds his hand up. "Before you say anything, you have told me this is strictly business, but it appears your body is betraying you," his fiery gaze lingers, before wandering the length of my body, a smirk bursting at the seam of his lips. He clears his throat and sits back as the waitress appears to see if we have perused the menu.

Without taking his eyes off me, Damien orders for both of us. "Two Olive Wagyu, medium-rare with vegetables, thank you." The waitress just stands there, staring at Damien. "Sorry, Was there something else you needed?" He asks politely, yet firmly.

The waitress stutters. "Ah no, sorry sir. I'll go put your order in."

Still looking at me he grins. "Now, what were we talking about? Oh, that's right, your body."

Fuck me, I'm in so much trouble. I wonder if it's too late to decline the job offer? I ponder as I rub my thighs together under the table trying to get some of the tension to release. This is going to be a long night.