Chapter 10

CHAPTER TEN

DAMIEN'S POV

It's been a week since Leah and I kissed in my kitchen. I need to talk to her about it, we need to clear the air. The tension in the office is insane and people are starting to ask questions. To say the talk around the water cooler was explosive is an understatement. The office gossips have us all but married. Actually, it's the end of the week, they most likely have us married and divorced. Nothing gets past them.

"Hellloooooo? Damien? You there buddy?" I look up to see Marcus standing in front of me clicking his fingers. Marcus, my best friend. The one person who I trust with my life. The only person I will openly say is a handsome mother fucker. He is the only person who can pull me up on my shit and I listen. Mainly because he is the only one who can physically beat the shit out of me and the only one who can get away with it.

As I drop my forehead onto the table I inhale slowly before letting it out in a groan.

"Marcus. I don't know what the fuck you are talking about. Honestly, I'm not listening. I can't stop thinking about the...." I stumble on my words. I haven't mentioned what happened to anyone, including Marcus. I lift my head off the table slowly to see him sitting in the chair on the other side, his big arms folded across his chest and a dirty smirk on his face.

"I know what you did with Marisha the other week, you dirty dog." He shakes his head at me. I groan and lower my head back onto the table as I remember what we did right here in this office. How I fucked her mouth and how she had let me. Mumbling to him without lifting my head, "It wasn't my finest moment, that's for sure." I look back at my best friend, seeing the pain on his face. He knows what I went through to get her to somewhat leave me after the breakup. Now I have fucked that up. "Man, she's always coming around here, storming into my office, acting like we are together. Just last week I had her thrown out of here by security." I throw my hands in the air as I slide the chair out from under me with my legs, knocking it over. "It's just. You know what she is like. She is a psycho." Walking around my desk now with my hands on my hips and shaking my head before sitting next to Marcus. "Man, I have fucked up, haven't I?" Watching my best mate as he pats me on the shoulder and nodded. "Yeah, mate. You fucked up real good this time. You know what she's like. She is a level one clinger. Remember what she was like? Do you remember the shit she put you through? I do, mate. I do. Because I was there to help you pick up the pieces of your life after she destroyed it." He sighed as he ran his fingers through his dark hair and looked at me with those eyes that look into your soul.

"I know. I know." The defeat was evident in my tone.

A gentle knock on the closed office door brought both our heads around. "Yeah, come in." I watch the door slowly open to reveal Leah and I look toward Marcus. His eyes widen and I know where his head is. He wants her and the thought of her with anyone else other than me makes my blood boil.

"Ah, sorry Mr Caldwell. I didn't realise you were busy. I was just coming to see if there is anything else you need me to do before I finish up for the day?" Leah looks at Marcus and blushes, like looking at him is turning her on and that fucker knows what he is doing. I don't think you need this, just she blushed and then Marcus raised an eyebrow I watch as he raises an eyebrow at her before standing. Walking up to her, he puts his hand out, hoping to shake her hand. "Hi. Since this guy isn't going to introduce us..." he turns and stares at me and continues, "...which is very rude, I must say." Turning to look back at Leah. "I am Marcus. Apparently, he and I are best friends. He told me he had a new PA but seemed to skip telling me how beautiful she is." Turning back to me. "Shame on you, Damien. Shame on you." He goes to turn his attention back to Leah but found her attention is on me, as she walked towards me.

Looking at me with those big innocent eyes, "Mr Caldwell? Did you need anything else? I just need to let my housemate know when to pick me up, is all." I smile at her weakly.

"No, Leah. That is all for today. Are you still okay to come in tomorrow for a few hours for us to go over the contracts for the Mitchell accounts?" Leah smiled and nodded. "Excellent. Say around 10.30? Do you need a car to pick you up or can you get here?" Leah laughs at me. "It's fine, my housemate can drop me off." Her phone dings and she looks down at it. "And speak of the devil. The devil is waiting at my desk. Night Mr Caldwell." She goes to walk off towards the door as I jump up and stride to her. Opening the door for her and following her out. I stop and see some random guy standing in the hallway. His face lights up when he sees Leah. She walks up to him and wraps her arms around him. I can't help but stare him down. He is tall, especially standing next to her. His blonde surfer guy hair looks like it was washed by the ocean and his blue eyes threw daggers toward me as he runs his hands up and down her back. She lets him go and turns around. "Oh god, how rude of me. Mr Caldwell, this is my housemate, Mike. Mike, this is my boss, Mr Caldwell." I reach my hand out to greet him but all he does is stare at it. Okay then, that wasn't very nice, was it? "Mind your manners, Mike. Not shaking a man's hand isn't very polite now, is it?" Leah looked between us, noticing the tension rising between us. She turned back towards her 'housemate' "Cmon Mike, I'm starving. You need to feed me before we get home." She nervously grinned as she turned and waved at me, and walks off. All I can think about is how much her housemate is a fucking douche and how much I would love to take him down a peg or two.