Chapter 26

Chapter 26

Leah's POV

Being thrown onto the bed by my hair I felt a chunk rip from my scalp causing me to scream out in pain. I opened my eyes and looked up, seeing Mike standing solid in one spot like a beast who was ready to consume what he had caught. His fists were closed so tight his knuckles had turned white and I couldn't help but notice the way his chest rose and fell with every heavy breath he took.

I had been in a constant state of fear but I never like to let it show, right now, however, I couldn't stop the terror. It showed all over me. My body shook and tears ran down my face. I couldn't control the sobs that escaped, The sound flooded the room and only seemed to get worse the closer Mike walked to me. His face was scrunched up and his eyes looked like they had turned black. He had a look of pure evil and this time I didn't know if I was going to survive the assault. As he stood directly in front of me I craned my head, looking up at him hoping that this wasn't it for me. I wanted to get out of here, I wanted to tell my friends I loved them, and I wanted to tell Damian how I felt but I knew none of this was going to happen.

I took a deep breath and slowly released it, accepting the fact that this could be it. I let my head drop and once it hit the bed I felt my tears dry up. Mumbling, "Just do it." I lifted my head once more, speaking louder this time. "Just kill me already, Mike." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him kneel down, his eyes were soft a contrast to what they just were a minute ago. They didn't stay that way for long before the nastiness came back and he grabbed my hair once more, pulling my head backwards and forcing me to look at him. "Oh, baby. I'm not going to kill you." He said as he kissed my lips. "I am, however, going to tie you to my bed and fuck you until I have had enough." Grinning as he pulled me backwards by my hair until I collapsed on my back.

He leaned over me and grabbed me by my shoulders making it so he could hold me down. I tried to fight back but he was too strong and my wriggling amounted to nothing except for managing to close my legs. Mike had different ideas and used one of his knees to slide my legs apart. I started swinging my arms around frantically trying with everything I had to get him off me but all that did was earn a bloody lip.... Again. I closed my eyes and turned my head to the side, I had to imagine I was somewhere else. I couldn't be here anymore. I imagined I was in a house. It was noisy out the back so I got up from the couch to go see what was happening. Walking through the sliding door to the backyard I saw Damian but the bbq, tongs in one hand and a drink in the other. He was laughing as he argued with someone about his cooking skills. I watched him as he looked around the yard until his eyes finally locked onto mine. He smiled the kind of smile that melts a woman's heart and I grinned back at him. He started walking towards me. "Look at me, Leah. Don't you dare close your eyes and imagine him. You will only ever have me running through your pathetic excuse of a brain." Mike's words had pulled me from my dream. I couldn't stop them anymore and I let the tears roll off my face and onto the fabric below me. He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him as he thrusted himself inside me once again. I couldn't fight anymore, I gave up, I laid there underneath him and just let him do as he pleased with my body.

Finally he finished and rolled off of me, collapsing to the side of me. "Well, night then you cunt." He said as he rolled over, making it so he had his back to me grunting at me, "go take a shower, you fucking stink."

I sat up on the side of the bed sobbing. Im not sure how long I was like that but I noticed Mike had started to snore. Knowing he was asleep made me feel a little safer to jump under the water and wash myself so I got up and stumbled my way towards the bathroom door, spying something on his dresser on my way I stopped and looked. My eyes grew wider as the realisation of what was sitting in front of me hit. I turned and looked back at Mike who was still sound asleep. Reaching out I took the object and quietly walked into the bathroom silently closing the door and locking it behind me. I opened my hands up, looking down at the phone Mike had left lying around. Instantly but with shaking hands I started dialling numbers. I heard the ringing through the earpiece and closed my eyes. Please answer. I need you... Please... I begged as I listened. Just before I hung up a groggy voice came through.

"Hello?" I paused, not able to say anything. "Who is this?" I sucked in a breath, "Leah?" I heard hope for the first time in god knew how long in the voice on the other end. "Leah, is that you?" Panic started to come through the phone and I knew I had to answer. I whispered, trying to keep my voice as low as possible so Mike didn't wake up. "H-h-h-hi." I managed to get out from between my chattering teeth. "Maria?" I questioned her, "Leah, my dear, we have been worried sick, where are you?" Worry seeped through the tone she spoke. I started sobbing but still kept my voice low, "Maria, I have to be quick, I have Mike's phone and I'm hiding in the bathroom. He took me. Please keep this number but never contact it. If he finds out I've called you he will kill me." I heard her suck in her breath as she came to the realisation I didn't run. Delete this call, Leah. Stay alive, dear. Damian and I will find you. Try and get the phone again when you have more of an idea of where you are. Keep an eye out for any landmarks. We will find you, Leah. Now go before he finds you." The shock still ran through me so I could only manage two words. "Okay, Maria." As I pulled the phone away from my ear I heard her yell out to wait, I pulled it closer to the side of my head when I heard Maria's words. "You are so brave, Leah. I am so proud of you." And the line went dead. She thinks I'm brave? Pffffft I'm not brave.