Chapter 6

CHAPTER SIX

LEAH'S POV

I have been sitting at my desk for the last two hours waiting for Damien to walk through the door, but he still isn't here. It's 10am. Where the hell could he be? He is normally the first one here and now I wonder if I should start to worry. I stand up to go over to Maria's desk to ask if he had an early meeting I wasn't aware of when he stumbled out the elevator doors wearing yesterday's suit and looking like shit. I start to run up to him to see if he is okay, when Marisha, the ex, steps out from behind him with a slimy grin on her face. I stop dead in my tracks. What the fuck is she doing here?

Slowly making my way towards Damien I watch as Marisha steps in front of him, crosses her arms and sticks one of her legs out to the side of the long black cocktail dress, the slit going so high you can see she isn't wearing any underwear.

"Mr. Caldwell? Are you okay? What happened last night? You look awful." I look at Marisha who's still grinning from ear to ear. The kind of grin that makes you want to cut a bitch.

Marisha speaks up, breaking the silence. "He's fine. You act like he's been up to no good, he's been with me..." She pauses. Turning herself around and wrapping her arms around Damien's neck, pulling him down, crashing their lips together. She pulls away from him, "c'mon baby, let's go to your office." She grabs his hand, dragging him along the walkway towards his office when Maria jumps in front of her. Marisha stops dead in her tracks, towering over the older lady, but seemingly intimidated by the aged beauty.

"Marisha, You know good and well that the only way you can get Mr. Caldwell now is when he is drunk. You've had your fun for the night, now leave." She waves Marisha off. Marisha doesn't move, just stares down at Maria with disgust written all over her face. I watch as Maria's face turns red. Oh shit, is she about to have a heart attack? I watch as Maria stands up next to Marisha, her head held high as she calmly but firmly says, "I SAID LEAVE, MARISHA!"

As Marisha stands still, I can't help but look between the women. I wonder what happened between Marisha and Damien?

I get pulled from my thoughts by a loud slap. I look in the direction the sound came from and see Marisha standing there, hand over her mouth as Maria holds the side of her face, her eyes open wide with surprise and some of her grey hair has been moved from her bun from the force of the slap. Damien stares between the two women, not understanding what's happening. As I walk over to him, I see Maria start to step back and security walk up behind Marisha grabbing her arms and pulling her away, escorting her to the elevator as she screams out obscenities at the men.

Grabbing Damien's arm, I start to walk him to his office. I stop at the heavy wooden door and grab the handle, turning it slightly so we can enter. Just as I push the door open, Damien vomits all over the black carpet in front of him. I jump back, avoiding wearing any of the splash back, squealing as I do. Drawing Damien's attention to me, he looks at me apologetically.

"Leah? What are you doing here? How did you know about the party?" Damien slurs through the sentence. "How much have you had to drink, Sir?" He grins at me and if he didn't have vomit dripping down his chin my panties would have a wet spot. He slurs to me, "Sir, huh?" Raising an eyebrow at me. Even though he is absolutely wasted, he is still a smooth motherfucker. Full of confidence and oozing of sex appeal. I start to giggle at him. "Come on Mr. Caldwell, Let's get you on the couch." Before I could even think of my next words, Damien leans down to my ear and whispers, "only if you are you going to join me, Leah." And with just those few words this man has made me ruin another pair of panties, even with vomit breath.

Inhaling deep into my lungs, I hold it. This man is making my new job hard to do. Letting out the breath. "I don't think so, Mr. Caldwell. You need to sleep it off." Guiding him to the black leather couch, I push him down so he is sitting. He looks up at me, raising one of his eyebrows. His voice was hoarse and full of desire. "Leah? You are beautiful, you know that?" I stop in the position I'm in as my eyes grow wide. Damien lifts his big hands and uses the back of them to slide up the inside of my bare legs, stopping before he gets to the one place I want him to touch. My breathing stops with anticipation, but he makes no move. I brave looking down at his face to see he has fallen asleep. Are you fucking serious?

As I remove his hands from the inside of my legs I see Maria come through the door. "Need some help, love? He's a big man, you won't be able to move him yourself."

We both giggle as we slide his back down couch. Walking around and grabbing his shoulders I pull him up so his head is using the arm rest as a pillow. We both walk around the couch, meeting in the middle. Maria speaks first. "You know, he really is a good man. A good man with a crazy past. Once he grew up and pulled himself together, he started to let the good man he is shine through the bullshit. Remember that, okay?" She walks out of the office, leaving me standing there staring at this beautiful man. I know he is a good person, he stood up for me. A random woman in a cafe. A nobody, and he stood up to that man\\In that moment, he made me feel like I could matter... I could be someone.

As I undo his shoe laces and slide off his fancy italian leather shoes, I notice he is wearing odd socks, making me giggle. Shaking my head, I pull the small throw from the back of the couch over Damien.

Heading to the door, I stop in front of it and turn around, taking in one more glance at the handsome sleeping man.