Chapter 23

CHAPTER 23

Leah's POV

As the words fell from my mouth I watched Damien's face switch. The anger that had been flooding out of him slowly started to change as the pain of the words I had said sunk in. I had hurt him and in turn, that hurt me. It pained me worse than anything Mike could ever do to me. My heart broke at that moment into a million little pieces that will never heal again.

I watched as he walked away, the one man who has ever done anything kind and not expected anything in return is leaving and it is all my fault. I could feel my heart start to race with each step he took and my chest started to heave. I placed my hand over my heart, convinced the pain I felt was a heart attack.

I sat up suddenly, blinking my eyes quickly I soon figured out it was a dream.

I let out a breath as I lowered my head into my hands, how many times am I going to have to relive that moment? How long am I going to torture myself? I felt a hand grab me around my upper arm and once again I was reminded that I was not in a dream, that my life IS in fact very much a nightmare.

"Leah lay down," Mike demanded, his voice was sleepy and gruff but forceful. I knew if I didn't do as he said he would make my life more unbearable than the hell I've been living.

As I laid down, I turned away from Mike, I didn't want to see him, I hated him. His hand touched my back, "oh, Leah. Do you think I care that you don't want to sleep facing me? Babe, I don't care that you don't like me, why would this bother me? You are here because I want you. What I want I take or take out anyone who gets in my way." His last words gave me chills. I knew he was talking about Damien. It had been a couple of months since I had seen him at the club, since that night, Mike had made me resign from my job, threatening to kill Damien and Maria if I didn't.

I am his prisoner once again, and with the lives of the few people I care about in his hands, I would be his prisoner for as long as he wants me to be.

Damiens POV

"Who the fuck is using a jackhammer this time of the morning?" I managed to mumble, not at all loud enough for anyone to hear. Slowly I opened my eyes and looked around the room, with my eyes landing on the door, the sound of water running told me that someone was in this room with me. I stared, waiting for the door to swing open and reveal who was on the other side. Hope secretly crept in as I thought about Leah being the person showering, That somehow I managed to find her and bring her home... to me.

The door swung open and my mind froze. This couldn't be happening. No.

"Morning baby, sleep well? I would be surprised if you didn't after the effort you put in last night." Marisha giggled as she walked out of the bathroom wearing nothing but a towel wrapped around her torso, barely covering her body. My mind didn't seem to be able to comprehend what happened. I didn't even know if anything had happened. Marisha started to slink her way over to the bed, a grin that showed just how much of a succubus she was, snuck onto her face and made me cringe. What did I ever see in her? Sure, she's gorgeous to look at, but once you get to know her she shows you just how ugly she can be. Shock runs through me as I begin to realise the possibilities of what could have happened last night and the thoughts did nothing for nausea caused from the hangover.

As Marisha crawled over the bed, trying to get to me I sat upright fast, putting my hands out in front of me to stop her from getting any closer. "No." I began, shaking my head at the same time. "No, this can't be happening." She stopped trying to get to me, looked me in the eyes and ran the back of her fingers down my left cheek, "oh sweetie, don't you remember the magic we made?" Her eyes turned to stone with no emotion left in sight as she started pouting at me, "oh, here I was thinking you wouldn't ever be able to forget." She crossed her arms over her chest, her attempt at acting cute just made her look like an evil bitch. I thought about trying to throw the doona off me and make a run for it but that was when I realised I was completely naked. Holy fuck, she must be right... I fucked this bitch last night and now she will hold it over me forever. Shivers ran down my spine at the thought of my dick being inside her. "Awwwww, what's the matter baby?" She said, grabbing my chin roughly and shaking my head as she did. "You have the morning after regrets?" I grabbed her wrist and yanked her hand away. "Regret doesn't begin to cover it, Marisha. Now, I have to get to the office." I slid out of the bed and started to dress all the while hoping my keys were here somewhere. I pulled my pants over and up my legs and heard the rattle and I instantly felt a little lighter knowing I would be able to escape.

I turned, heading to the door to make my exit when Marisha spoke again, calling out my name. "Damien!" I hesitantly turned my head to see her smiling, "I'll see you soon." The grin told me she was cooking something up and I definitely wasn't going to enjoy it.