Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR

DAMIEN'S POV

Standing in the elevator on the way up to my office, I wonder if Leah will show up for her first day. I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't after dinner last night. Following my admission of wanting to do things to her, she started acting weird.

Stepping out onto my floor, I'm greeted by Maria. "Good morning, Sir. You have a meeting soon with the new purchasers of the Grand Hotel about the refurbishment back to the original look. They are big potential clients, Mr. Caldwell. This one is going to be exciting if we can get them." She's telling me as we walk at a fast speed towards my office.

"Maria?" I question her, she looks up at me. "Let me know when Leah shows up, please?"

I notice her smile at me and point towards the conference room door. As I walk towards my office, I peek into the meeting room to see Leah is already here setting up for the meeting... and boy does she look sexy today. Wearing a white button up shirt dress with a thick leather belt around her midsection and black lace up boots, I'm left wondering what she's got on underneath.

Like she can sense I'm staring, she stops what she's doing and looks up. "Oh, good morning Mr. Caldwell, I didn't notice you there. Maria asked me to set up for the meeting, I hope you don't mind."

Clearing my throat, "Not at all." I turn to walk to my office before stopping. "Actually, I would like you to join us for the meeting. It would be the perfect opportunity for you to understand better what the business does.Maria can sit at the desk for this one." It's taking everything I've got not to drool all over my suit every time I look at her.

Giving me a small nod she continues to put the supplies out for the meeting. I walk into my office and I close the door behind me, leaning against it before letting out the breath I hadn't realised I was holding. What is going on here? Why does Leah make me feel like this?

Hearing my phone ringing, I look down to see who it is. Fucking Marisha. I can't deal with her crazy today. Declining the call I head to my desk to get the papers ready for this morning.

Staring at the folder in front of me, my thoughts keep drifting to the beauty in the next room and that outfit she has on.

I found myself quite liking the vision my mind conjures. Her tight body, bent over the table... Those manicured fingers gripping the stained wood underneath. Her white button up dress, stretched at the seams as I rip it up, exposing that porcelain skin to the wicked sins I would deliver to her. I shuddered as I imagined those chocolate strands wrapped around my fists, her head thrown back as she gasps in guilty pleasure.

Shaking my head to get the images out of my mind, I see my office door opening slowly out of the corner of my eye.

Looking over, I am greeted by Leah walking in. "Sorry to bother you Mr. Caldwell. The clients have arrived for the meeting. I have set them up in the meeting room and we are ready for you to start."

Nodding at her, "Thank you, Leah. Let's get this started, shall we?" I say, walking around from behind my desk. Standing next to Leah, I place my hand on the small of her back and I'm sure I can feel a shudder go down her spine. Guiding her into the room next to my office, I see the tables from my daydream and instantly I'm taken back there. Get a grip, Damien. I just have to get through this meeting.

Walking in and shaking the clients' hands I move around to the opposite side with Leah before pulling the chair out for her. I wait until she settles, before I take my own seat.

"Gentlemen, thank you for taking the time to meet with me today." I notice them both staring at Leah. "This is Leah, my new assistant, she's still learning so please excuse us if we have any side conversations, I'll just be showing her how the business operates." The men lean over to shake Leah's hand, but I notice they both hold it just a little too long and she appears uncomfortable. Clearing my throat, I put my hand gently on her leg so she knows I can tell how uncomfortable she is feeling. Looking up at me she gives me a small smile and I know she's okay.

I turn back to the men on the opposite side of the table. "Alright gentlemen, let's get this meeting underway, shall we?" I glance back at Leah, "Are you ready? When I tell you to write something down, do it. If you hear something that sounds important, make a note, okay?"

Grinning at me, "I've got it Mr. Caldwell." She starts waving her hands around. "You just do what you do and let me do my job." The sass radiating off her in waves is turning me on and making me want to tame it out of her. You're in a meeting, Damien, get it together. Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I got down to business.

Thirty minutes into the meeting the door flies open and Marisha comes rushing in. "Damien!" Her high pitched squeal pierces the boardroom.

All four of us jumped at the intrusion. Marisha looks between me and Leah and comes to some fucked up conclusion. "Who the fuck is she, Damien?" she bellows, pointing towards Leah as she races in her direction.

Standing up real quick to block her way, I catch her around her waist, stopping her from getting to Leah who's looking terrified and honestly no-one can blame her.

"Excuse us, everyone." I say with an apologetic look as I walk us out the door.

Shutting the door behind me, I turn to Marisha and glare at her. "What the fuck are you doing here, Marisha? And why are you busting into a very important meeting?" My anger is ready to explode.

She wraps herself around me, her touch feels like poison, her words like venom. "Baby, I missed you! You haven't called me."

Pulling her off me and stepping away from her. "Why would I call you when I made my intentions very clear when last we spoke? I don't want to sound like a bastard, but yesterday meant nothing. I needed to get off and you were willing." I make eye contact so she knows I mean what I'm saying. And queue the waterworks.

"I thought you loved me, Damien! We were meant to get married in a big beautiful wedding, you in a suit or whatever, me in a huge white dress looking like a princess. Why don't you love me anymore?" She stops crying and stares at me. "Damien!" God this woman fucking scares me.

Thankfully Maria walks in with security and they start to drag her away, but not before she starts screaming out at me.

"Damien, you love me! Don't ever forget who was there for you when no-one else was." She turns her gaze and points at Leah, "That slut wasn't there for you, Damien, I was. I deserve more than this!" Striding towards her as security escorts her away, I stop in front of Marisha, lowering my voice to avoid further disturbance.

"You will never, and I mean never come to my work place again. We are not together anymore." I slow my speech to emphasize the fact. I look to security, "Don't let her in here ever again, got it?"

They nod their heads at me as they grab Marisha's arms and escort her into the elevator. I stand in front of Leah so she is out of Marisha's sight while she continues to stare daggers our way until the doors on the elevator close.

Turning around to face Leah with an apologetic look, I spoke softly "I'm so sorry about her, she's angry I broke up with her. But that was months ago and I'm pretty sure she was only with me for the money." I state matter of factly. Leah looks at me with sympathy written all over her face.

Grabbing my arm, "C'mon Mr. Caldwell. Let's finish this meeting. It's too important to let that woman ruin it."

Nodding at Leah, I let her lead me back into the meeting room, shutting the door behind me as I apologise to the men about my crazy ex.