Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Leah's pov

"Hey, you little slut!" The words filtered through my sleepy brain as the verbal assault continued. "Get up and shower," I felt a hand wrap around my bicep in my sleepy state and yank me out of the shit that apparently could be classed as my bed, throwing me onto the dirty ground. "You fucking stink. Why would I want to fuck you when you smell like this!?" My eyes flew open to see Mike's fist come down towards my face connecting with my nose.

The force of the punch was so great that my head flew backward hitting the floor beneath me with a thud. Little speckles started to float around my vision as I tried to focus on Mike. I knew seeing the spots wasn't a good sign and I couldn't let him surprise me like that again. I had to sleep lightly and be aware of everything around me.

I watched as Mike's shoes came closer to me, stopping right in front of me, kicking dust into my face as he did. He slowly bent his knees and crouched down, roughly grabbing my face in his hand before pointing toward me with his free hand, "you... You will do as I fucking ask or you will be punished..." His pause along with the look in his eyes made me nervous. "And this isn't the kind of punishment one enjoys... except me!" He yelled out as he threw my face back onto the floor splitting my lip. I kept my eyes closed as I heard his footsteps slowly fade away as he stormed his way out.

It wasn't until I knew he was gone that I allowed myself to cry. I didn't want him to know he broke me. I hadn't had another chance to call Maria and it made me wonder if she had passed on my message... if she had told Damian that I didn't leave because I wanted to.

I sat up slowly and looked around the drab room. The smell had gotten worse than before, but at least now I didn't really notice it. When I scanned along the perimeter I saw that Mike had left the door open for me to shower. A shower means sex, but it also means I could enjoy an everyday comfort that I haven't been able to have. When I am in the shower Mike leaves me alone. It's a time when I can feel the heat from the water. Where I can feel the water as it rains onto my body. Where the soap makes my skin feel like silk and smell like someone who is loved. It's a place where I can forget everything and just be at peace.

I heard a door slam and it broke me from my daydream. As I stood up onto my feet I stumbled over. My body felt so weak from the lack of food and water he had given me and I knew I was slowly dying. I shook my head and got back up, I stood looking at my feet as I curled my toes up and released them. I noticed how boney they looked, Just skin and bone and I knew that the rest of me must have looked the same.

I willed my feet to move and slowly they did. One step, two steps, three steps. I counted my way to the bathroom Mike allowed me to use with his permission. Twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five. Twenty-five steps from the doorway to the bathroom and a right turn at step sixteen.

I turned on the water watching as the steam started to fill the room from the heat and the moisture that was created from it started to make me sweat. It Opened up my pores and I felt like the toxicity of this whole situation was being forced out of my body.

I stepped up to the water and put my hand out in front of me, feeling the water temperature before allowing my body to step under it. It was hot, just how I liked it.

I moved my way under the spray and instantly my body relaxed. The pressure was strong and the water was hot, the perfect combination for a makeshift massage as it warmed what little was left of me.

I stood under the spray for what felt like an eternity enjoying a little normality. A loud bang broke me from my peace and made me jump. I turned the shower off and stepped out, grabbed the towel, and wrapped it around my frame before heading towards the bathroom door and slowly pulling it open.

I could hear a voice, it was muffled but I recognised Mike's voice anywhere and I followed it to the top of the stairs. Mike stood at the bottom pacing as he spoke. I quickly but quietly hid so he couldn't see me but I was able to listen.

"What do you mean he has had someone following you? Why? Why would someone be following you? No one even knows we know each other!" Mike yelled through the receiver.

I heard him stop pacing and I started to get nervous, who is he talking to? Who was following them? Mike's steps started to come up the staircase, one footstep at a time.... Slowly.

I ran back into the bathroom and shut the door, threw my towel over the rail and jumped back in, and turned on the water. When Mike barged in I looked like I had been there the whole time, the excess steam was an accident but thank god it was there, it made it believable.

His phone was still up to his ear when I looked at him, a shocked look on my face. "How the fuck are you still in here? Get your stupid ass out! You are wasting all my hot water!" Mike shook his head as he walked away mumbling into the phone as he did, but I managed to hear his hurtful words. "Babe, when I'm done with her that cunt won't want her, she will be broken and You and him can live happily ever after in your fucked up rich people's world just like you used to."

Wait, what?