Chapter 10

Kali stood hidden in the crowd, watching as her little Feyre was thrown to the wolves... or... wyrm.

Kali had to be careful, she knew that the second she used her Daemati powers, Rhysand would be on high alert. 

'It relies on smell to hunt! Cover your scent and you'll be invisible." Kali whispered into Feyre's mind. 

Feyre did as she was told and started covering herself completely with the mud and shit around her, masking her scent. As predicted Rhysands head snapped to the crowd, searching for the Daemati. 

He did not, however, go after them. They were helping the human who he desperately needed to succeed. If Feyre failed, Prythian was fucked. So for now, he let it go. 

Feyre built a trap, using bones to kill the beast, before taking a bone and throwing it like a javelin at the false Queen. 

The bone stuck in the mud, flinging it all over Amarantha's pristine dress. Kali fought her hardest not to bark out in laughter at her sister's fire. 

As Feyre was thrown back into her cell, Kali noticed her arm. Feyre had punctured her arm during the battle and it bled profusely. 

"Can you heal it?"  Feyre asked looking up at her.

"In theory, but I don't know-how. Scrapes and bruises are easy, I've healed those a million times. But the intricacy of mending the bone, blood vessels, muscles, and skin, all with trying to undo the infection... It's beyond my current abilities, but I can try!" Kali said with determination. 

In all reality, she was terrified. One screw-up and her sister's arm could be useless forever. She was only 50 years old and didn't start learning to master her powers until she was twenty. Even then she only used the offensive uses of her powers.

Kali's eyes twitched as she heard the approaching footsteps quickly placing a strong glamour onto herself to become unseen. 

"Such a sorry sight for Tamlin's champion." Rhysand crooned as he looked down at Feyre. 

"Go to hell." Feyre spat at the male, and a little glint of pride shone in Kali's eyes at the viper she had raised. 

"I come here to offer you help and you have the nerve to tell me to leave?" Rhysands amused voice sang through the air. "You made me a lot of money, you know. I figured I'd return the favor." 

"Get out."

"You don't want me to heal you then?" Rhysand asked as if he already knew the answer. 

Kali froze, she couldn't help her sister. The healing process was far too complex for her level of expertise... But Rhysand...

He could heal her, he could fix Feyre. But Feyre knew better, her sister taught her well, "At what cost?"

"Ah yes, that... I see Living amongst Faeries had taught you some of our ways. I will make a bargain with you. I'll heal your wound in exchange for you. For two weeks of every month, two weeks of my choosing, you will spend with me in the Night Court."

What the hell was he playing at? Was he just trying to get under Tamlin's skin by stealing Feyre? What was the purpose?

They continued to bicker back and forth but Kali knew the only answer, was a deal. They couldn't rely on Lucien and Kali didn't want to risk experimenting with her sister's life. 

So regardless of how much she hated it, she whispered into Feyre's mind, "One week. Then except." 

Rhysand stiffened, looking wide-eyed at Feyre. He had noticed the other Daemati once again entering the human's mind.

"Five days," Feyre said weakly.

"Are you bargaining with me? Fine. Ten days." Rhysand shot back. 

"A week." 

Rhysand hesitated, "A week in my court every month AND... the name of the Daemati that's helping you." 

Feyre hesitated as well. One thing she would not risk was her sister's life. But Kali wasn't having it.

"Tell him the name of the Daemati is Alya."

"Deal," Feyre said.

"Well? What's the name?" Rhysand said impatiently. 

"Heal me first and I will tell you afterward," Feyre responded.

Rhysand shook her hand and the dark markings of a Night Court Bargain snaked up her hand and arm. 

Rhysand lifted an eyebrow at Feyre's lack of response, "I'm surprised you have no comment on the tattoo. I would assume a human would have some type of reaction to a mark of the Night Court."

Rhysand healed her as she answered.

"The Daemati, you so clearly fear. I've seen her tattoos and we've made a bargain before." Feyre said, a little excited that she had a visible tattoo just like her sister. 

She felt like a child for thinking so, but she really did love it when Kali spoke of her time and traditions from Prythian. This made her feel closer to her sister.

"The daemati whose name is...?" Rhysand prompted.

"Alya. Her name is Alya." Feyre responded casually, still examining the tattoo now crawling up her arm. 

Rhysand's face drained of all color, his violet eyes widened drastically. He immediately left.

~~~RHYSAND'S POV*~~~~

Alya.

Alya.

Alya. 

The name echoed through his mind like a clap of lightning. Alya and Antares, two children, HIS children. 

He remembered the day that Amarantha threw Antares' bloodied wings at his feet. He held it together until he got to his room. 

He vomited, screamed, and destroyed everything in the room. 

The bitch didn't make it clear whether the twins were alive or dead.

Cauldron, he had tried everything to get them out. To get them safe. He didn't care who their mother was, he was their father and he would go to war to save them. 

But that day haunted him. 

He was later brought Antare's body. 

He sobbed, cradling the body of his son. He noticed how similar the boy looked to himself. The empty violet eyes stared back at him as he held his son's lifeless face. 

He was far too thin from a lifetime of malnourishment. His curly onyx hair and naturally tanned skin were matted with dried blood. Scars littered his body, he had two still bleeding gashes on his back from where his wings were ripped from his body. One large cut across his throat took his life. 

As he held his son's corpse close he remembered finding the strength to ask the attor about Alya. Was she dead too?

"She is dead. But there is not much of a body for us to bring you." the Attor had replied. 

He had lied? 

Rhysand had never seen her body, he just took the death of his son as proof his daughter was dead as well. 

Alya was alive? 

It felt as if hope had once again entered Rhysand's world. He hadn't failed them completely. One of them still lived and she was helping Feyre Archeron. 

He could see her, meet her, talk to her.

He wondered if she looked like Antares. If she had the same violet eyes and curly midnight black hair

He would find her. He would protect her with everything he had. 

He would not fail her again. 

.