Chapter 19

Kali felt something was wrong the moment she returned from her morning training. She heard arguing coming from upstairs as she entered the house, something that wasn't completely uncommon these days but this felt different.

An enormous explosion of power came from the office and Kali was there in seconds. She threw the door open off its hinges and saw Feyre on the floor cowering with a shield around her. Tamlin was exploding with rage, the furniture and windows were all torn to pieces. 

Kali didn't care what the fight was about.

She didn't care who started it, or what was said. 

Her sister was afraid of the man who was supposed to take care of her, and that didn't fly with Kali at all. 

Darkness exploded through the space. 

Pure Night filled the house as she forced Tamlin on his back, using her Daemati powers to take away his ability to move or access magic. 

Her eyes were black as night as she reached out to Feyre in her mind, "I'm here, Little Star. You're safe. Sorry, I'm running a little late but I'm here now." 

Feyre's erratic breathing calmed as she allowed the shield of wind to drop. Tears filled her eyes as she looked around the room and her eyes landed on Kali and Tamlin. 

Kali towered over Tamlin, her claws digging into his throat as he was unable to fight back. A horrific growl tore from the girl's throat as her eyes were nearly black with rage. 

"K-Kali!" Feyre called out. 

But it was as if Kali couldn't hear her over the roaring sound of her own rage. 

"Kali please don't kill him!" 

Kali grit her teeth, throwing Tamlin's head back onto the ground with a loud Crack. She dug her foot into his sternum as she looked down at him.

"One job... You have one fucking job...Don't hurt my sister... And you are too fucking stupid to even do that... Remember this moment... Remember that the only reason you aren't a corpse is because Feyre saved you yet again." Kali's voice was dark and dangerous, like how it was all those months ago under the mountain. 

She didn't release Tamlin as she stepped off of him and moved towards a shaking Feyre. In one smooth motion, she had lifted Feyre like a baby and carried her from the room. 

"K-Kali."

"It's okay, little star... We don't have to talk about it yet. We don't have to talk about it at all. But I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Nesta when she wanted to marry that mutt, Tomas. If you say yes to being with him, it is your decision... I will never take your choice away Little Star. But if you do stay with him and he hurts you in any way, which after what I saw today, he will, I am giving you a warning now... there will be no mercy for him, no matter how much you plead. I will rip his heart from his chest, are we clear?" 

Feyre nodded, burying her head in her sister's neck. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another trip to the Night Court came and went. 

Kali avoided spending any time with Rhysand the whole time. Only seeing him when he first arrived to take Feyre and when they returned to the Spring Court. 

No matter how hard he tried to catch her eye, she refused to acknowledge him. She was there for Feyre, she had no interest in speaking to her father.

Feyre and Lucien had to physically restrain Kali after Tamlin had yet another tantrum.