Chapter 21

"Shut up." Feyre spat at the teasing look on Kali's face. 

"I didn't say anything... Where are you going all prettied up?" Kali's smirk only grew as Feyre glared at her. 

Her smirk dropped when a smug look took over Feyre's face, "Oh not ME... WE, dear sister. We are going to meet Rhysand's inner circle apparently." 

"Fuck no."

"Come one! Please! He's forcing me to go and I can't do it alone!"

"I'm not going anywhere near his people."

"Please Kali! ... I really need you." Those damn puppy eyes were gonna be the death of Kali as she sighed in resignation.

"Fine. FINE! But I'm not talking to Rhysand and don't expect me to be pleasant." Kali spat. Standing to strap her daggers to her Illyrian leathers. 

"You don't want to change?"

"Fuck off, star. Never worn a dress before, not starting now." 

They met Rhysand downstairs and he held out a hand to them both. "I didn't think you'd come Alya." His voice was soft and caring. 

But she straight up ignored him as she walked straight out the door. 

"R-right! Um... We can't winnow into the house of winds, so it's either fly or take the ten thousand stairs straight up." Rhysand moved towards Feyre but she too stepped around him. 

"We'll fly. Kali can carry me." Feyre answered as she moved toward her sister. In one swift movement, Kali had Feyre in her arms bridal style. 

"Tell Rhysand to lead the way," Kali told Feyre, being petty as ever. 

"He can hear you. Tell him yourself."

"I warned you I'm talk talking to the bastard so unless you want me to drop you..." 

With a roll of her eyes, feyre turned to a half-amused half heartbroken Rhys, "Kali said to lead the way." 

Kali ignored them as they talked. 

"One word and we can go." Was the only thing she really caught. But CAULDRON did she wish that rule applied to her as well. She didn't want to meet his family. The one he sacrificed his children to protect. 

Kali had come to recognize that Rhysand was not in fact a complete villain. Though it did not curb the rage that burned within her. 

He chose his priorities and they didn't include her or Antares. Her other half is dead because of him and that is all that matters to her. She didn't want to kill him, but she would be damned if she let the bastard play doting father now that there was no threat.

He was sure that if he had to choose between her and anyone currently sitting in the House of Winds, she'd be up in the stars with Antares. She did not need a father, so why invite unnecessary heartbreak just to make him feel less guilty. 

She hadn't needed him for 50 years- no that's not true... She had needed him for the past 50 years and he wasn't there. She got back up on her own. 

Now that she was strong, now that there was no risk to himself, NOW he wanted to play daddy? No, fuck that. He wasn't there for the dark times, he doesn't get to be there for the light.

When they got to the House of Winds two figures were waiting for them, both sporting the widest shit-eating grins. 

Kali recognized one of them, the shadowsinger. 

"Come on Ladies, we don't bite. Unless you ask us to." The other one said. He was larger with seven gleaming red siphons. His hair was longer than Azriels, half pulled up half down.