Chapter 30

Kali and Azriel spent the rest of the night talking, stolen kisses here and there. 

They decided to keep their matehood a secret from Rhys for as long as possible for Azriel's safety. 

Kali hated the idea of keeping their mating bond a secret, she wanted to shout it out to the world. But she also wanted Azriel to be comfortable with the idea. She didn't want their bond to be a cause of stress for him, so she went along with it.

 A plan was formed, they would complete the bond in two days when Rhys, Feyre, and Amren went to the Summer Court for Prythian's half of the book. It would give them time to solidify the bond and give Azriel a few days to not freak out over unmated males near his mate. 

It should have been easy. 

What are two days?

Two days is hell apparently. 

Azriel has never experienced such utter torment as watching his mate train in tight Illyrian leather pants and only wrappings covering her bust. 

Cassian tried desperately to keep Rhys far away or flap his wings so that the scent of Azriel's arousal wasn't so obvious.

"Whatcha looking at, shadow man?" Kali whispered down into Azriel's mind as she stretched her leg above her head. 

Azriel gulped, his mind flooded with images of what her flexibility would be very useful for. 

"Naughty, naughty. Such vulgar ideas floating around your head."

"Get out of my head, brat."

"Look's like I'm in your head always, regardless of my Daemati powers. So obsessive Mr. Stalker.

"Az you gotta stop eye fucking Alya, Rhys is starting to notice," Cas whispered as he walked by. 

"I'm not!" Azriel whispered back harshly. 

"Yes, you are. Not that I'm complaining. How is celibacy treating you Az?" Kali teased switching to stretch her other leg above her head. 

"You are a horrible person."

"I know. It keeps me awake at night." Though the mischievous smirk demonstrated a completely different idea.

Azriel turned his attention away, focusing on his sparring match with Cas. He tried to work out all his sexual frustration by means of violence but every move his mate made seemed to set him off. 

He nearly pounced on her when she pulled her hair up into a bun.

It was agony. 

He swung at Cassian nearly pinning him when a sweet bell-like voice entered his mind, "Az, my love, I wouldn't mind you putting me in THAT position either."

His eyes widened and the wind was quickly knocked onto his back by Cassian. Azriel didn't even care as his head snapped to Alya who was trying to pretend she was listening to whatever it was that Feyre was saying. 

"Cruel woman," Azriel growled under his breath, taking Cassian's outstretched hand to get back on his feet. 

Cas laughed putting together what was happening. "You know, she really is a lot like Rhys." Cas teased. 

"Ew. Shut up Cas." Azriel spat, harshly smacking the back of the General's head.

That night in the girl's room they sat awake talking.

"So what's going on with you and Azriel?" Feyre whispered to her sister. 

Kali bit her lip, before tapping the side of her head, "I'll tell you but you have to swear not to tell ANYONE. Especially Rhysand." 

Feyre nodded, eyes widening in suspense. 

"He's my mate!" A wide smile formed on Kali's face, her eyes lighting up brighter than Feyre had ever seen them. 

"OH MY GOD!" Feyre screeched before Kali covered her mouth with her hand. 

"H-how?!? WHEN!?! " Feyre used her newly inherited Daemati abilities to ask Kali.

Kali took the time to show Feyre exactly what happened during their dance. A flush came over her cheeks as she got to the kiss. 

"Oh my god, you guys are so cute!" Feyre gushed as she held Kali's hands. "But why can't Rhys know?" 

"Honestly... I have no idea. It wasn't my idea to keep it quiet. I think he just wants to take things slow. Besides with the war and everything brewing, it's probably best no one knows we have a major weakness." Though even Kali didn't sound convinced with the idea. 

"Well, I promise I won't tell anyone... But you should talk to him if you are uncomfortable with keeping it secret."

"It's not discomforting I just... I'm worried that it's not Rhys he's keeping it from."

"You mean Mor, right?" Feyre asked sympathetically.

"Yeah... I mean it's obvious he was in love with her. What if he's keeping the mating bond secret because he still loves her."

"I'm sure that's not true."

"It wouldn't matter if it was... If he loves her I would have no choice."

"You'd just let him go? He's your mate, Kali."

"I want him to be happy Feyre. Not bogged down because some magic pot told us we were soulmates. If he chose her... I would let him go. The problem is, Mor definitely likes females! I don't want him to give up on us for someone who could never love him the same. But I also don't want him to resent me for holding the mating bond over his head."

Kali breathed out a sigh, falling back onto the bed next to her sister. 

"Maybe... you should talk to him."

"Maybe I should."