Chapter 26

Kali completely ignored Rhysands request to sleep in either his and Feyre's or Cassian and Azriel's room. 

Her exact words were, 'I would rather french kiss the attor'

So she opted to sleep in her own room designated for when she visits. That night a light knock on the door sounded, she opened it to find a restless Nesta.

Without invitation Nesta marched into the room and laid down on her bed, her arms folded closely across her chest. 

After a moment of silence, she finally spoke, "I thought you hated your father."

Kali sighed moving to lay down next to Nesta, "I do."

"And yet you are helping him?" Nesta's head turned to look at her in a ferocious sneer. 

"War is coming Ness... A war that could affect you, Feyre, and Elain... I don't give a shit about Prythian or the Night Court or Hybern, they can burn for all I care. But there are three things in this world that I would kill and die for, and this war threatens them. So I'll stomach sitting at a table with a man I hate to protect my true family." Kali refused to look at Nesta. She refused to look at the softening of her face or the understanding. 

Nesta had always wanted someone like that in their lives. Someone willing to do anything to protect them. She had always hoped it would be her father, but he sat by and did nothing as they starved. 

Kali came into their lives and became the pillar that held their broken family up. She had earned Nesta's respect and trust, even with all of her secrets. 

"So... you are the first born of a High Lord. What does that mean?" Nesta asked.

"It means nothing. He won't die any time soon, he'll have his heir eventually. I am a bastard-born female who wants nothing to do with him or his court... Well... That's not true... I could be convinced to do some of his court, most specifically Azriel." A slow smirk formed on Kali's face as Nesta laughed. 

"Don't think I didn't catch that sexual tension between you and the General Cassian, Luna," Kali added knowing it would piss her sister off. 

She was immediately hit in the face with a pillow, "Don't start."

"You have FINE taste sister. Have you seen his wingspan?"

"What does that even mean?"

"OHHHHO! Let me tell you a little secret about Illyrians, Luna. Male Wingspan equates to the size of... other things." Kali cooed suggestively. 

"You are foul."

"I SWEAR TO THE CAULDRON IT'S TRUE!" 

They both began laughing until an annoyed knock came at the door, Kali opened it to find a perturbed Feyre, "You know some people do enjoy sleeping."

Without a word she dragged Feyre into the room, "Hello Feyre Darling." 

Feyre cringed, "Ew you sound like Rhys."

Kali stopped, trying not to grimace at that statement, "I called you Feyre darling first so technically he sounds like me... Anyways have I told you the wingspan secret?"

"No, but Mor did." A slow smile spread over her face as Nesta looked shocked. 

"You were telling the truth?" Nesta asked Kali.

"I do that quite a lot, yet people are always surprised," Kali answered. 

After a while of talking Nesta and Feyre, both returned to their rooms, and Kali was left alone once more.