Chapter 36

(SPICE WARNING ⚠️  18+ Only!)

Falling back onto her bed, Kali stared blankly at the ceiling.

They had returned to the night court after meeting with the queens. The meeting was just as agonizingly annoying as she expected it to be. Azriel nearly took off the golden queen's head when she spoke to his mate. 

The queens sat after winnowing in, focusing solely on Kali a wide smirk took over. 

"Well if it isn't our favorite little pet. Playing house with your own filthy kind then? I was wondering where you crawled off to." The golden queen crooned staring down the beautifully dressed heir. 

Azriel growled a warning, taking a step closer to his mate. She reached a comforting hand down the bond, letting him know all was well. 

Rhys looked back at his daughter and brother, wildly confused at the reaction. He didn't particularly like how they spoke of Alya but he was in no position to defend her honor.

"Ah Galathea... Pleasure as always. I must say I am always so impressed with you." Kali smirked, her violet eyes alight with mischief. 

"How so?"

"I am simply astounded by your flexibility. I, myself, could never get my head far enough up my own ass." 

"How dare you-!"

"Please refrain from insulting the heir of the Night Court in my presence. We are here for a reason..." Rhysand cut them off, immediately getting down to business. 

They needed proof of the night courts' good intentions. But how to procure such proof was beyond her. 

A light knock came from her window and a smile bloomed on her face. She could feel him waiting for her on the other side. 

The bond hummed between them as she opened the window and leaned out finding Azriel crouched on the window ceil. 

"Well hello, Mr. Stalker. I must warn you you are a very poor spy if you alert everyone you stalk." She smiled as he swung himself effortlessly into her room. 

He grabbed her by the arms slowly pulling her into him. His body pressed up against hers as he smiled softly down at her. 

"Oh, but being caught usually leads to something far more fun than watching." He smirked before placing his lips on hers. 

"Not a fan of watching, spymaster?" 

"Sometimes, active participation is far more fulfilling." 

A smirk took over her face, backing out of his grasp she pulled him along. The dress she still wore from the meeting brushed against him as she dragged him to a chair. Her purple eyes were bright with a deliciously wicked idea.

Gliding her hands up his arms she placed her palms on his shoulders, pushing him down until he was seated in front of her. 

He looked at her, questioning her actions but she did not explain. 

"I placed a silencing charm on the room. No one outside could hear." She whispered in his ear as she grabbed his right wrist. She navigated his hand so that it was holding onto the armrests of the chair before doing the same with his left hand. 

His eyebrows raised, and his eyes darkened as she stepped away from him. 

"Let's make a deal, shadow singer." Her voice filled the room like a beautiful violin, controlled and slow.